- Vernon, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
- Buying & Merchandising
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
The Category Assistant is responsible for bringing suppliers, producers and products identified by the Category Management team into all Good Eggs tools and systems, such that those suppliers, producers and products are operationalized for our category management, purchasing and operations teams. This role will work closely with the Category Management team, the Growth Marketing team, and facility-specific Inventory & Quality Control teams within an assigned region or regions. The following is a list of potential responsibilities, other duties will be assigned as needed.
Product Onboarding & Compliance
- Support the timely launch of new products in assigned categories by collecting required product data for merchandising, purchasing, and operations teams from producer and supplier partners
- Support Category Managers in the activation of new producer partners by collecting food safety, regulatory, and standards documentation
- Ensure ongoing producer and supplier compliance through regular reviews of documentation expiration dates and requests for updating documentation
Category Maintenance & Performance
- Work closely with external partners to coordinate accurate and up-to-date product data throughout the product life cycle
- Process retail price changes, seasonal product activations, and monitor SKU-level performance against category performance targets set by Senior Category Manager
- Ensure execution of scheduled promotions and features coordinated by Category Managers
- Execute product quality standards alongside Senior Category Manager with an eye for continuous improvement
- Support centralized purchasing team by maintaining active communication across fulfillment centers and with external partners to triage shipment-specific product quality and data issues
- Escalate producer & supplier performance issues to category managers when further corrective action is required
- 1+ years relevant work experience in the grocery industry
- Strong problem solving skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Exceptional organization and task management skills
Relevant Skills & Experience
- Experience managing administrative tasking
- Knowledge and understanding of quality standards, certifications, regulations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office suite software (i.e. spreadsheets, presentation, and word processing software)
- Ability to understand and engage with new tools, including providing feedback on internal software
- Passion for food, sustainable agricultural practices and high quality standards
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.