- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Data Science
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
About the Role
Fresh off closing a $100M round of funding and adding some amazing new leaders like our CMO Vineet Mehra (former CMO at Walgreens Boots Alliance) and COO Kiran Vinta (former Head of Expansion for Uber Eats), we’re excited to put our focus on accelerating customer-centric growth both in the Bay Area and via an expansion to other regions later this year.
We have to continue to evolve our data infrastructure to support the ever increasing volume and complexity of additional fulfillment centers and geographic regions, all while improving our data accuracy and usability to provide actionable business insights.
As a Data Modeler, you’ll be responsible for designing and evolving dimensional models to integrate with our enterprise data architecture.
About the Technology Organization
Our technology organization, composed of Application Engineering, Platform Engineering, Customer Science & Analytics, and IT, is undergoing significant growth. We run a mature agile process, including continuous deployment (automated tests not QA), a culture of DevOps (end-to-end ownership of your code), pair programming, and regular retrospectives. Nobody likes tech debt, so we both empower developers to refactor as they go and also elevate large refactors to the company roadmap level.
- Mode Analytics BI tool
- Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Dagster Orchestration Framework
- DBT (Data build tool)
- Segment (CDP)
- Skills - Jupyter Notebooks, SQL, Python
- Implement business and IT data requirements through new data strategies and designs across complex data platforms (relational, dimensional) and data tools (reporting, visualization and analytics)
- Implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models
- Collaborate on a day to day basis with business partners, data architects, analysts, and data engineers to identify, troubleshoot and resolve enterprise data modeling issues
- Develop data solutions and strategies based on the analysis of business goals, needs, and existing infrastructure using best practice principles, concepts and techniques
- Interest and belief in our mission of good food being the most powerful force for change
- Minimum 2 years of experience in designing and developing logical and physical data models, preferably in the retail industry
- Proficient in SQL is a must
- Proficient in Snowflake is preferred
- Proficient in Mode Analytics a plus
- Strong business communication skills; able to write/speak clearly and professionally for a variety of audiences
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Degree, certification, or relevant experience in data engineering. Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
Plus experience in some of the following areas:
- Snowflake or other cloud based data warehouses
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.