- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Data Science
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
About the Role
Fresh off closing a $100M round of funding and adding some amazing new leaders like our CMO Vineet Mehra (former CMO at Walgreens Boots Alliance) and COO Kiran Vinta (former Head of Expansion for Uber Eats), we’re excited to put our focus on accelerating customer-centric growth both in the Bay Area and via an expansion to other regions later this year.
We have to continue to evolve our data driven decision support to complement our ever growing company and enable leaders to navigate through complexity of additional fulfillment centers and geographic regions, all while improving our data accuracy and usability to provide actionable business insights.
As a Sr. Data Analyst, you’ll be responsible for driving GoodEggs’ success by leading analytics efforts to drive conversion and optimize our marketing efficiency. You will also contribute towards ongoing learnings around Marketing channel/budget optimization through Multi Touch Attribution and MMM by building a reporting framework to enable the marketing team to make data driven decisions on a regular basis. In our quest to personalize experience for our customers you will also be delivering insights and recommendations around demographics in addition to user behavior
About the Technology Organization
Our technology organization, composed of Application Engineering, Platform Engineering, Customer Science & Analytics, and IT, is undergoing significant growth. We run a mature agile process, including continuous deployment (automated tests not QA), a culture of DevOps (end-to-end ownership of your code), pair programming, and regular retrospectives. Nobody likes tech debt, so we both empower developers to refactor as they go and also elevate large refactors to the company roadmap level.
- Mode Analytics BI tool
- Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Dagster Orchestration Framework
- DBT (Data build tool)
- Segment (CDP)
- Skills - Jupyter Notebooks, SQL, Python
- Lead Various analytics projects across all marketing channels to deliver insights and recommendations on who/where/how to target different customer segments.
- Partner with the lifecycle team to measure the impact of the program on customer behavior and value
- Clearly communicate insights and recommendations to business stakeholders.
- Build dashboards and reporting to enable self-serve analytics(Mode & Amplitude)
- Perform Ad hoc analysis to promote understanding of customer behavior (eg. funnel analysis, data mining, surveys, etc.); make actionable recommendations.
- Lead A/B testing pipeline and analytics: Establish testing priorities, build success metrics, validate implementation, ensure statistical significance, monitor results across KPIs
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data sources
- Initiate and drive data projects, writing clear requirements for our Data Modeling teams
- Partner closely with the data science team to enable the development of best in class data science models
- Interest and belief in our mission of good food being the most powerful force for change
- Desired 3-5 years of experience in marketing analytics with deep understanding of marketing KPIs
- Proficient in SQL is a must
- Proficient in Snowflake is preferred
- Proficient in Mode Analytics a plus
- Strong business communication skills; able to write/speak clearly and professionally for a variety of audiences
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, “can-do” attitude in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity with a bias for action.
- Degree, certification, or relevant experience in data analytics. Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
Plus experience in some of the following areas:
- Advanced visualization concepts
- Snowflake or other cloud based data warehouses
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.