- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
About the Role
We’re looking for an IT Manager to help scale our technology and systems across multiple fulfillment and production centers in different regions as well as our headquarters. At Good Eggs, IT is responsible for network administration (e.g. Meraki), system and software administration (e.g. G Suite, Slack, Dayforce, etc.), identity management (e.g. SAML), technical support, device management in both our HQ and fulfillment centers (e.g. JAMF, barcode scanners, thermal printers, chromebooks, etc.), and security (network, data, etc.).
- Manage IT Support Specialists - Ensure that IT Support Specialists have clear, measurable goals, responsibilities, and performance standards. Provide mentorship and feedback to help Support Specialists excel.
- Manage Helpdesk - Create, implement, and modify IT processes and policies to resolve issues within appropriate SLAs. Handle ticket escalations and resolve issues.
- Manage Device Fleet - We have a large fleet of Mac laptops, chromebooks, iPods, barcode scanners, industrial printers and temperature monitors used in each of our warehouses. As Good Eggs continues to grow so does our fleet! Help us devise a holistic device fleet strategy to keep track of our devices, control access, stay ahead of ordering, manage repairs, prevent losses, and keep costs low.
- Maintain and improve network quality and consistency - Our suite of tools are web based and we have many clients on the network. Ensuring a fast, consistent connection both in our warehouses and office spaces is crucial to our success.
- Select, Implement, and Administer software - We use a variety of cloud based solutions to power our day to day business (G Suite, Slack, Asana, Zendesk, etc.) and will continue to add more as we scale (e.g. Dayforce, HighJump, Okta). You’ll be a key member in the selection process, implementation, and day to day administration of 3rd party software systems.
- Onboard and offboard employees - Support the HR team in meeting the technical needs of transitioning employees with an eye towards automation.
- Lead IT infrastructure planning - Oversee design and implementation of IT infrastructure in new facilities including networking, security and AV.
- Improve digital and systems security - Ensure that the systems and policies we have in place are reliable and secure.
- On-call - Oversee an on-call rotation for critical issues and participate where necessary to support our Operations team in delivering food on time by quickly resolving IT issues whenever they come up.
- Minimum 4 years of increasing responsibility or specialization in IT
- Minimum 2 years experience in an IT leadership role
- Proven ability to grow and lead teams
- Experience supporting a device fleet >100 devices
- Experience supporting networks in high mobility environments (e.g. warehouse, hospital, school, etc)
- Experience with IT infrastructure design and implementation for facilities
- Experience with digital security including: network security, risk management, data and host security, identity management, cryptography and public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Comfortable with a startup environment and sizing solutions appropriate to the stage of the company
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail, especially in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CIS, or MIS. (or equivalent work experience)
- G Suite
- Mac OS environments
- Warehouse logistics
- Threat intelligence
- Software development (especially with a high level scripting language like NodeJS, Ruby or Python)
- Barcode scanners such as Honeywell Captuvo or Cognex
- Shop-floor printers such as Zebra and InterMec
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.