- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
About the Role
Fresh off closing a $100M round of funding and hiring an amazing CMO (Vineet Mehra of Walgreens Boots Alliance), we’re excited to put our focus on accelerating customer-centric growth both in the Bay Area and via an expansion to Southern California later this year.
To support this surge of growth, we will launch multiple new fulfillment centers and significantly expand the size of the company and use of our networks, tools, and systems. As the Senior Director of Platform Engineering & IT, you will be accountable for ensuring the quality, security, and efficiency of our cloud-native application and data infrastructure, internal and cloud networking, identity and access management, security architecture, cloud-based system and software administration, IT helpdesk, and device management for both HQ and fulfillment centers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Application Infrastructure - Define and execute a strategic vision and tactical roadmap for a scalable, performant, capital efficient Application Platform as a Service (PaaS) and third party tools that provide a first-class developer experience
- Data Infrastructure - Define and execute a strategic vision and tactical roadmap for scalable data infrastructure that enables data-driven decision making for all employees and deep analysis, insights, and machine learning for data professionals
- Lead IT & Platform Engineering Teams - Recruit, retain, coach and inspire a healthy, diverse, highly engaged team and culture. Ensure team members have clear, measurable goals, responsibilities, and performance standards. Provide mentorship and feedback to help the teams excel.
- Network Design and Performance - Design, maintain and improve WiFi networks in new and existing high mobility, 24/7 fulfillment centers, and the networking architecture to business-critical cloud-based software measured by quality, consistency, and security.
- Security Architecture - Identify security risks across threat vectors and lead projects, processes, and governance to mitigate risk.
- System and Software Administration -Select, implement, and administer 3rd party software systems including identity and access management to meet HQ and fulfillment center needs.
- IT Helpdesk - Achieve fast response and resolution times while reducing tickets per employee by solving root causes, creating repeatable processes, and automating regular IT needs where possible e.g. airtight onboarding and offboarding, device provisioning and maintenance, and system access.
- Budget and Expenses - Own the Platform Engineering & IT budgets including managing vendor relationships and identifying cost saving opportunities and investments.
- On-call - Oversee an on-call rotation for critical issues and participate when necessary to support our Operations team in delivering food on time by quickly resolving issues whenever they come up.
- 8+ years of increasing responsibility or specialization in IT
- 4+ years experience building and maintaining IT infrastructure in high-growth companies
- 4+ years experience in an IT leadership role
- Experience with digital security including network security, risk management, data, and host security, identity management, cryptography, and public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Experience with IT infrastructure design and implementation for high mobility environments with > 100 active devices (e.g. warehouse, hospital, school, etc)
- Comfortable with a startup environment - sizing solutions appropriate to the stage of the company and rolling up your sleeves as needed
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail, especially in writing
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CIS, or MIS (or equivalent work experience)
- G Suite / Google Workplace
- Mac OS
- HighJump, Riversand, Dayforce, Netsuite
- Cloud IaaS providers like AWS, Azure, and Oracle Cloud
- Threat intelligence
- Software development (especially with a high-level scripting language like NodeJS, Ruby, or Python)
- Advanced networking like IPSec and BGP
- Barcode scanners such as Cognex or Honeywell Captuvo
- Shop-floor printers such as Zebra and InterMec
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.