- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
How you can help
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is interested in a multidisciplinary engineering environment and is excited to support our culture of DevOps & Data alongside a passionate, mission-driven team. As a Platform Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the two main pillars of the Platform Team: our Application Platform (PaaS) and our Data Platform.
Our Application Platform is a modern AWS-based containerized PaaS, based largely on AWS ECS and other Open Source components. You’ll collaborate with other members of the broader Technology Team as well as key business stakeholders. You’ll support our already strong culture of DevOps, where everything is continuously deployed (CI/CD is currently a mix of Buildkite, Travis, and custom code) & engineers wear the pager for their applications.
Our Data Platform builds on top of our Application Platform, but also includes technology & services like Dagster, dbt, Snowflake, Stitch Data, and Mode Analytics. You’ll collaborate closely with Data Analysts, Application Engineers, and key business stakeholders.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A desire to use their talents to make the world a better place
- 5+ years of agile software development experience including automated testing and pair programming
- The ability to coordinate directly with business stakeholders on larger initiatives
- An interest in learning and adopting new tools and techniques
Experience in some of the following areas:
- Python, Node.js/Typescript, Go, SQL
- DevOps, cloud infrastructure, developer tools
- Containerized environments like Kubernetes, AWS ECS, or OpenShift
- Orchestration frameworks like Dagster, Airflow, or Luigi
Bonus points for:
- Experience within Data organizations, supporting Data Engineers and/or Analysts
- Previous work experience involving e-commerce, physical operations, finance, or BizOps
- Being data-driven - ability to get insights from data
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.