- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment... We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more, please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As a Delivery Driver, you are the face of the company. Being the last point of contact for our customers, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our local groceries are delivered to customers with great care and in a timely manner. You will drive to and from customers’ homes, delivering their orders and collecting any materials they return. Your transportation team will support and help you whenever needed. Your work puts great, local food in our customer’s homes.
This position pays $19 per hour + $0.58 per mile when using your own vehicle. We also offer great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full-time employees (30 hours per week or more) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Pursuant to the Oakland Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Willing to work with a consistent schedule
- Weekend availability REQUIRED
- Available to work either the afternoon 2:00pm shift or evening 4:30pm/5:00pm shift (each shift lasts approximately 3-5 hours depending on delivery route and traffic)
- Provide great service to our customers while delivering local groceries.
- Must be willing to drive both your own personal vehicle and the company vehicles based on company need. Personal vehicles must be reliable, clean, well-maintained, year 2008 or newer, with a capacity to carry up to 24 medium-sized boxes (4 door sedan or larger preferred).
- Maintain on-time delivery and accuracy rate
- Comfortable using mobile technology for routing
During the pandemic, Good Eggs is considered an essential employer. We are dedicated to serving our customers and employees in a way that prevents exposure to COVID-19. We take all the necessary precautions to protect our employees while at work, which helps ensure our customers remain safe too. We are looking to hire candidates that are committed to keeping themselves safe from COVID-19 exposure outside company premises and strictly follow the recommended CDC guidelines to lower their risk. Personal responsibility outside of work is critical to ensure our ability to keep both our employees and customers healthy and safe.
- You show up because you know customers count on you
- You don’t mind physical work; it energizes you (walking, bending, lifting)
- You get the job done, and you make things happen, even if the day is not perfect.
- You are versatile and will help other teams when your job is done. That is how we do it at Good Eggs.
- You are committed to strong communication with your team
- You can lift heavy boxes and load and unload the same.
- You must be customer service-oriented and available to work Sunday as one of the delivery days.
- You have time management skills; experience working on a deadline
- You have previous driving or delivery experience
- You are familiar with the greater Bay Area
- Work duties will be performed outdoors.
- Some work duties are performed in an open warehouse with open dock doors. Temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20 degrees, depending on the weather outside.
- Some work duties may be performed in walk-in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
- Some work duties may include temporary assignments.
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities requiring considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling carts, and handling materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 7 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 7 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 1 hour per day
- Reaching: Up, down, or laterally, up to 7 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state, or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.