- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As an Assistant Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading your team to deliver safe, quality service and performance objectives. You will be responsible for the day-to-day fulfillment center activities including, but not limited to, work scheduling, staffing, managerial tasks training, coaching, guiding, counseling, performance management, and progressive discipline. You will lead and execute warehouse initiatives and maintain an environment focused on continuous improvement. You are responsible for creating a climate of open communication and innovation to generate ideas from your team to drive continuous process improvement.
We offer competitive salary, great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full time, (30 hours per week) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Pursuant to the Oakland Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with managers and senior leadership to establish, communicate, and execute measurable operations goals that deliver uncompromised safety, quality, service, and performance results.
- Ensure proper staffing and training. Manage work schedules (vacation, holiday) for hourly employees.
- Meet and exceed productivity and performance objectives.
- Manage by metrics to achieve performance goals
- Interview, hire and train the right talent for the team.
- Provide real-time information or feedback to teams for managing performance.
- Keep track of shift productivity, overtime, and downtime.
- Manage and control the overall warehouse workflow utilizing ideas and areas for improvement identified by the teams.
- Set clear expectations, lead a high performing team; implement systems that deliver repeatable and reliable results.
- Organize team and processes to meet daily volume targets
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement to maintain industry excellence.
- Train team members to anticipate challenges before they arise and lead root cause analysis when needed.
- Provide coaching, training, and development to all team members.
- Act as a resource for the team to set them up for success.
- Participate in coaching sessions and team meetings
- Have a positive and motivational tone with the team
- Apply recognition and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Develop team members for future growth and succession planning.
- Contribute to the development of effective employee training programs resulting in a cross-trained and agile workforce
- Write informative or operational reports and work on special projects as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree is a plus
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of related experience with the majority of that time in a leadership capacity leading and directing teams.
- Experience in a food manufacturing/distribution or grocery environment required
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Flexibility to work different shifts as business needs demand.
- Strong experience and proficiency with computer systems and related WMS software required
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and Occupational Safety standards
- Strong familiarity with metrics and data
- Experience in process improvement (Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen) is desirable
- Proven ability to motivate, mentor, coach and influence people
- Effectively communicates upwardly and laterally on all essential matters using the proper written or verbal medium
- Be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
Additional Qualifications for Internal Candidates
- At least 3 mos. tenure in a supervisory role at Good Eggs
- Excellent time & attendance and performance record
- HR & current manager recommendation
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, climbing, pushing, pulling carts, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 7 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 7 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 2 hours per day
- Reaching: Up, down or laterally, up to 7 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
Good Eggs requires new hires to be vaccinated by the first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can’t receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons.
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries with no fees, accrued PTO, and generous parental leave.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees