- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment.. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
In the role of Assistant Transportation Manager, you will support the Transportation Manager in leading a team of 100+ delivery drivers, driver champions, supervisors, and dispatch associates to ensure our customers receive their grocery orders on time and in full. You will plan delivery routes and serve as an experienced and hands-on leader, diving in to work side-by-side with your team to stay up to date on their duties, challenges and accomplishments. You will lead and coach your team to have the ability to problem solve while ensuring tasks that need to be accomplished on the shift are completed accurately and efficiently.
Pursuant to the Oakland Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, manage, and provide performance feedback to a team of delivery drivers, driver champions, supervisors, and dispatch associates
- P&L analysis and budgeting
- Maintain quality of service by following operational standards
- Proactively make suggestions to help promote efficiencies and profitability throughout the Transportation Department
- Plan and communicate daily delivery route information and assist with routing as needed
- Collaborate with Recruiting and HR in hiring and onboarding of new associates
- Scheduling, reviewing hours, approving overtime, and submitting for payroll processing
- Provide drivers with direction, coaching, and mentoring on processes and actively implement improvements
- Manage 3rd party vendors/delivery service providers
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Hold team members accountable to company standards for conduct and performance
- Provide and collect feedback to/from associates on performance and oversees their training and development
- Facilitate messaging to team about company, warehouse, etc. news/information through daily and per shift huddles, as well as regular team meetings
- Oversee Good Eggs company-owned vehicles in collaboration with the Transportation Manager
- Ensure work areas are clean, organized, and safe
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or closely related work experience
- 5+ years of CPG Supply Chain experience
- 3+ years experience leading teams
- Understanding of last mile strategies based on distance, fleet type, and customer profile
- Experience in managing metrics and Key Performance Indicators to drive successful achievement of set goals
- Enterprise thinking, end-to-end business knowledge
- Ability to creatively problem-solve unique and/or challenging problems
- Proven capability of strong collaboration and ability to lead a team successfully
- Drive results in a balanced way, delighting customers, while engaging and growing our people in a safe and people-first environment
- Mobilize teams to drive cross functional collaboration and create willingness to strive for outstanding results
- Strategic innovative thinking
- Ability to understand and translate company strategies and operational business needs into future capabilities of the team
- Tech savvy and strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs
- Experience working with a Transportation Management System strongly preferred
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities requiring considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, reaching for objects, climbing flights of stairs, pushing, pulling carts, and handling materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Able to shift from seated to standing positions repeatedly during your workday.
- Walking: Up to 6 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 6 hours per day
- Seating: Up to 6 hours per day
- Reaching: Up, down, or laterally, up to 6 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state, or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- Some work duties will be performed outdoors.
- Some work duties are performed in an open warehouse with open dock doors. Temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20 degrees, depending on the weather outside.
- Some work duties may be performed in walk in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
- Regularly drives in heavy traffic in urban city centers and on freeways.
- Some work duties may include temporary assignments.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
Good Eggs requires new hires to be vaccinated by the first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can’t receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. As a company, we have made this decision in order to keep our employees and customers safe. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.