- Vernon, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
The Associate Director of Operations is key to leading (1) the development of our staff (2) our commitment to customers, and (3) innovating improvements to core operating metrics across the FC and Drive teams. Your core responsibility is to lead an operating region that establishes a reputation for education, mentoring, and elevating a group of FC Associates and Delivery Drivers. In this role you will lead a team of operations managers and assistant managers, and oversee all activities of a high-volume pick, pack, ship and deliver fulfillment center. Key responsibilities include, strategic planning and executing to monthly order volume, as well as leading people programs that engage, develop, train, coach and mentor our team to execute at the highest standard, all while maintaining high employee and food safety standards.
You are a people first leader who knows how to motivate and coach teams to help them meet or exceed established company goals. You are an expert in using data to inform your decision-making and you value collaboration with other business teams to bring about positive results. This position requires strong communication skills, an ability to lead change, and a high level of leadership ability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the training, coaching and management of our fulfillment center and drive teams that align with company culture.
- Champion high standards of employee safety, quality assurance / food safety, inventory accuracy, as well as on time production and replenishment.
- Ensure adequate staffing, tools / equipment, and space utilization to fulfill fulfillment goals during peak times, holiday weeks as well as non-peak periods.
- Develop detailed operations plans and schedules based on high-level parameters provided by operations strategy management.
- Plan resources (both equipment and staff) to meet growth goals.
- Work closely with the Food Safety team to pass all audits.
- Develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to operational efficiency, inventory management, quality, food safety, order accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Work on annual departmental operating budgets and track/control spending within budget.
- Maintain environmental, safety and other relevant regulatory compliance.
- Work with other managers to continuously improve policy, procedures, practices and training.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of reports regarding daily and weekly operations.
- Provide excellent service to all internal and external customers.
- Create and manage LEAN program in facility, including standardized work, visual management, and 5S
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in a faced-paced warehouse/production, logistics or manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing teams.
- Strong collaborator, easily approachable, people first mind set.
- Strong experience developing, implementing, and improving complex processes in a warehouse or manufacturing facility, using KPIs and analyzing data.
- Successful track record in leadership and managing the work of others
- Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills including 5W or 8D root cause analysis
- Ability to establish priorities and move easily between competing priorities.
- Possess professional business demeanor with a strong commitment to confidentiality
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Suite
- Experience with WMS and/or ERP systems
- Critical / Analytic / Objective
- Desirable: Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Business
- Experience in a LEAN environment; Six Sigma Green belt strongly preferred
- Some work duties may be performed outdoors.
- Some work duties are performed in an open warehouse, with open dock doors. Temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20 degrees depending on the weather outside.
- Some work duties may be performed in walk in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
- Some work duties may include temporary assignments.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, climbing, pushing, pulling carts, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 6 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 6 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 4 hours per day
- Reaching: Up, down or laterally, up to 6 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
Good Eggs requires new hires to be vaccinated by the first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can’t receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. As a company, we have made this decision in order to keep our employees and customers safe. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries with no fees, accrued PTO, and generous parental leave.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees