- Vernon, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As our Facilities Manager, you will lead the team that manages the cleanliness, mechanical wellbeing, safety considerations, overall look and feel of our Fulfillment Center. You will manage and support the current maintenance team in daily operations, helping them maintain standards of organization and cleanliness excellence both inside and outside the facility. Reporting to the Director of Facilities & Safety, you will work independently keeping our warehouse clean, organized, and functioning efficiently. We are looking for a candidate with the right mix of detail orientation, organization and ability to energize a team, to join our operation.
We offer competitive salary, great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full time, (30 hours per week) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain systems to ensure that the facility is clean, safe, and fully functioning.
- Manage service vendors and facilities maintenance needs with 3rd party partners ie. gas, electrical, bale pickups, occupational safety certifications, food safety certification, e-waste, Haz Waste, etc
- Establish and execute preventative maintenance plans for all infrastructure, safety systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts on a regular cadence.
- Proactively assess and address facility needs in partnership with the Assistant Director and the rest of the Good Eggs management team.
- Manage a team of stewards who perform daily cleaning and maintenance of the facility.
- Schedule stewards appropriately to ensure proper maintenance of the warehouse, common areas and break rooms.
- Responsible for timecard and time off approval for stewards.
- Ensure all team members have taken and passed California food handlers classes before the end of the first 90 days of employment.
- Ensure that stewards are performing required daily cleaning and maintenance of the facility.
- Perform regular evaluations of facility needs and address them accordingly.
- Manage repairs and maintenance requests throughout the facility.
- Partner with managers on expansion and construction needs for the facility.
- Handle emergency and non-routine cleaning, repairs, upkeep requests, and special projects
- Establish, maintain, and communicate par levels of cleaning tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
- Create and maintain a system for washing and sanitizing product stowing bins.
- Helping the team keep their workspace clean, organized, and stocked
- Ensure recycling, compost, landfill containers are emptied and cleaned multiple times daily
- Perform and document inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Minimum 4 years of related experience with the majority of that time in a leadership capacity managing teams
- Ability to work weekends as a regular part of your schedule. Good Eggs is a 24 hour operation, seven days a week. We do not offer Monday through Friday schedules.
- Proficiency in Google and MS Office suite software (i.e. spreadsheets, presentation, and word processing software)
- Energetic, hard working & committed to the success of the team
- Strong time management skills and sense of urgency within the facility
- Strong awareness of what’s happening in the facility and ability to see the bigger picture of what needs to get done
- Highly organized with the ability to plan
- Willingness to learn and challenge yourself on a daily basis
- Strong communicator within your team and across the organization
- Some work duties may be performed outdoors.
- Some work duties are performed in an open warehouse, with open dock doors. Temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20 degrees depending on the weather outside.
- Some work duties may be performed in walk in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
- Some work duties may include temporary assignments.
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling carts and handling of materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 7 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 7 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 4 hour per day
- Reaching: Up, down or laterally, up to 7 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
Good Eggs requires new hires to be vaccinated by the first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can’t receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. As a company, we have made this decision in order to keep our employees and customers safe. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries with no fees, accrued PTO, and generous parental leave.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees