- Santa Monica, CA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment.. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As a Fulfillment Center Associate, you’ll work collaboratively with a fun and vibrant warehouse team to prepare and/or package top quality produce! You’ll have a range of other duties that help get great local food to our customers, detailed below.
Our Warehouse is operational Monday-Sunday, and we are looking for people to fill Morning-Afternoon and Afternoon-Evening shifts.
This position pays $17.50 per hour and mileage reimbursement when using your own vehicle for deliveries. We also offer great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full-time employees (30 hours per week or more) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Pursuant to the LA County Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive goods from vendors; unpack, consolidate, and store items in necessary temperature locations.
- Pick and pack groceries, drinks, alcoholic beverages, paper goods, etc. working to meet set order delivery deadlines.
- Able to lift and carry boxes, push and pull racks filled with grocery orders weighing between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Use and adapt to current and changing technology to read and pick orders.
- Daily warehouse maintenance duties, including cleaning and inventory counting.
- Prepare and pack our amazing Good Eggs Kitchen products with adherence to food safety, sanitation, and any additional standards and specifications
- Load and unload groceries from vehicles and warehouse loading docks, carts, etc.
- Deliver our products to our customers’ homes or businesses and interact with our customers and/or security upon delivery or collection and returning of Good Eggs packaging materials.
- Communicate with dispatchers and other team members to make delivery deadlines.
- Champion accuracy in everything you do.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and registration required
- You are able to work weekends as a regular part of your schedule. Good Eggs operates seven days a week. We do not offer Monday through Friday schedules.
- You can lift heavy boxes and push or pull heavy items that weigh between 30 and 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles per shift.
- You are comfortable in walk-in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F), not for long periods of time, but continuously in and out.
- You know how to use a smartphone or computer.
- You are comfortable using mobile technology for routing
- You are willing to drive both the company vehicles (i.e. electric bike, company van) and your own personal vehicle based on company need. Personal vehicles must be reliable, clean, well-maintained, year 2008 or newer, with a capacity to carry up to 24 medium-sized boxes (4 door sedan or larger preferred).
- You are willing and able to pass a pre-paid alcohol delivery training course (where applicable)
- You show up ready to work, because you know customers count on you.
- You don’t mind physical work, it energizes you.
- You get the job done and you make things happen, even if the day is not perfect.
- You are adaptable and will help other teams when your job is done, that is how we work at Good Eggs.
- You are committed to strong communication with your team.
- Some work duties may be performed outdoors.
- Some work duties are performed in an open warehouse, with open dock doors. Temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20 degrees depending on the weather outside.
- Some work duties may be performed in walk in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
- Regularly drives in heavy traffic in urban city centers and on freeways.
- Some work duties may include temporary assignments.
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling carts and handling of materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 7 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 7 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 4 hours per day
- Reaching: Up, down or laterally, up to 7 hours per day
- Able to shift from seated to standing positions repeatedly during your workday.
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
As an organization, we support vaccination mandates as key to keeping all employees healthy and safe. In accordance with the recent mandates provided by the department of labor (OSHA), Good Eggs requires employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can’t receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.