- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment.. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
The Production Supervisor is a leadership and coaching role at the Good Eggs Kitchen, a high-volume food production facility. In addition to being a team leader who inspires and promotes a positive work environment by executing the vision of the Good Eggs Kitchen program. The Production Supervisor is expected to exemplify and positively impact production standards, with a focus on quality, consistency, and efficiency, and has a range of duties that help support our team, detailed below.
This position pays $23 per hour. We also offer excellent health, dental, and vision care benefits for full-time employees (30 hours per week or more) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
- For consistency, the Production Supervisor will receive a set schedule and is expected to work weekends.
- Pursuant to the Oakland Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of the Pack Team at the Good Eggs Kitchens
- Manage the timeline of daily pack production and ensure that production is adhering to strict food safety, product quality, and brand standards
- Partner with GEK leadership to keep the pack team on task by guiding the Quality Control Packers and Packers to optimize their roles
- Collaborate with Kitchen, Inventory, and Facility Teams to reduce product loss
- Maintain food safety, sanitation, and occupational safety standards
- Ensure all team members are practicing FIFO rotation and checking dates for quality and freshness.
- Ensure all product labels are mistake-free
- Troubleshoot as needed - exercise good judgment and communicate relevant information to all stakeholders
- Employee relations - have a consistent awareness of team dynamics, work to defuse tension where possible, and minimize adverse effects of conflicts
- Manage time and attendance – including managing lunchtimes and breaks for the team in accordance with Good Eggs policy and applicable labor law
- Partner with the GEK leadership team to identify and implement operational improvements
- Maintain clear and accurate records of all production
This job description has been created to be a fair representation of what can be expected in this role. This is not a complete list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required. We will make efforts to communicate any amendments to your job duties and responsibilities productively. However, duties and responsibilities are subject to change, increase, or decrease at any time with or without notice.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Personable, approachable, and able to accommodate a wide variety of food preferences
- Energetic, hard-working & committed to the success of the team
- Strong time-management skills and sense of urgency in the kitchen
- Strong awareness of the kitchen and ability to see the bigger picture of what needs to get done
- Highly organized with the ability to plan on an hourly, daily, and weekly basis
- Willingness to learn and challenge yourself daily
- Strong communicator not only in the kitchen but externally to the company
- Experience managing or mentoring/training others is ideal
- Comfort with a calm but focused environment
- Comfort with a fast-paced, focused environment
- A desire to grow within Good Eggs
- Knowledge of seasonal and local products
- Comfortable and experienced with a wide variety of kitchen equipment
- Health and safety/food hygiene
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment where duties are shared
- Comfortable using a variety of software (including, but not limited to, Google Workspace and Slack) for team scheduling, production scheduling, recipe management, and team communication
This position requires slip-resistant footwear and uniforms that will be provided to you.
- Busy, fast-paced Kitchen
- Flexible schedule preferred
- Night, weekend, and holiday shifts required
- Will be working at a computer for ~50% of your shift
- Cold environment for most/all of shift (45 Degrees and below)
- Will be going in and out of freezer or refrigerator as needed
- Job hazards may include slips and falls, cuts, and burns, but injuries are seldom serious
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities requiring considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling carts, and handling materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and push and pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 8 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 1 hour per day
- Reaching: Up, down, or laterally, up to 8 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state, or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy
- Must be able to work in a multitude of environments
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
Good Eggs requires new hires to be vaccinated by the first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can’t receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. As a company, we have made this decision in order to keep our employees and customers safe. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.