- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment... We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more, please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As a Receiver, you’ll be the face of our Kitchen as our team is the first to greet all guests and vendors. You will learn to drive a box truck, work in a team setting with other passionate team members to maintain the quality standards and accuracy of our inventory, and have a range of duties that help support our team, detailed below.
This position pays $19 per hour. We also offer great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full-time employees (30 hours per week or more) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Pursuant to the Oakland Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests and vendors
- Check in all orders and receive them in a timely manner
- Quality control all incoming perishable items: temperature and quality
- Receive and communicate all deliveries on the appropriate platform
- Receive and palletize GEK products
- Daily quality checks on in-house inventory: FIFO/Perishable Rotation
- Replenish daily staff snacks
- Weekly count of all inventory
- Drive our box truck between facilities
- Maintain our retention samples
- Practice food, health, and occupational safety
This job description has been created to be a representation of what can be expected in this role. This is not a complete list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this role. We will make efforts to proactively communicate any amendments to your job duties and responsibilities. However, duties and responsibilities are subject to change, increase, or decrease at any time with or without notice.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Similar experience
- Computer literate/ willing to learn
- Energetic, hard-working & committed to the success of the team
- Ability to read, measure and maintain accuracy doing repetitive tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Time management skills and sense of urgency
- Willingness to learn and challenge yourself daily
- Communication skills
- Comfort with a calm but focused environment
- Food Safety Handler a plus
- A desire to grow within Good Eggs
- Health and safety/food hygiene
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment where duties are shared
- Comfortable working in variable temperature environments.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets, word docs, powerpoints
- Knowledge of seasonal and local products a plus
This position requires slip-resistant footwear.
- Flexible schedule.
- Night, weekend, and holiday shifts are required.
- The inventory supervisor generally works in close quarters and refrigerated rooms to maintain the cold chain.
- Job hazards may include slips and falls, cuts, and burns, but injuries are seldom serious.
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling carts, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 7 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 7 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 1 hour per day
- Reaching: Up, down, or laterally, up to 7 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state, or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- Must be able to work in a multitude of environments.