- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
As an Assistant Inventory Control Manager, you will be responsible for leading your team to maintain sound and structural inventory processes across the organization. You will directly support inventory maintenance to meet customer demand while minimizing costs, in addition to providing timely and accurate information to the procurement team to support decision making in a dynamic environment.
You will lead and execute inventory control initiatives and maintain an environment focused on continuous improvement. You are responsible for creating a climate of open communication and innovation to generate ideas from your team to drive continuous process improvement.
This role will be responsible for managing day-to-day inventory control activities in the Maritime fulfillment center including, but not limited to, inventory planning, product slotting, work scheduling, staffing, managerial tasks training, coaching, guiding, counseling, performance management, and progressive discipline.
We are seeking an individual with strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with experience in working with large datasets, and a strong eye for identifying trends and trace causality. An ideal candidate has a clear understanding of both physical and system driven inventory processes used in the fulfillment center today.
We offer competitive salary, great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full time, (30 hours per week) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Pursuant to the Oakland Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with managers and senior leadership (operationally and cross functionally) to establish, communicate, and execute measurable inventory control goals that deliver accuracy and accountability throughout the organization
- Utilize tools including Mode and HighJump to identify trends and insights through data analysis
- Contribute root cause analysis on loss prevention, spoilage, and cull damage
- Coordinate with procurement across inbound product quality initiatives, and establish safeguards with strong communication channels
- Develop, implement, and maintain slotting strategies across the fulfillment center to allow for optimized inventory handling and warehouse flow
- Ensure proper staffing and training. Manage work schedules (vacation, holiday) for hourly employees
- Meet and exceed productivity and performance objectives
- Manage by metrics to achieve performance goals
- Interview, hire and train the right talent for the team
- Provide real-time information or feedback to teams for managing performance.
- Keep track of shift productivity, overtime, and downtime
- Manage and control the overall inventory flow utilizing ideas and areas for improvement identified by the teams
- Set clear expectations, lead a high performing team; implement systems that deliver repeatable and reliable results
- Organize team and processes to meet daily, weekly, and monthly targets
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement to maintain industry excellence
- Train team members to anticipate challenges before they arise and lead root cause analysis when needed
- Provide coaching, training, and development to all team members
- Act as a resource for the team to set them up for success
- Apply recognition and disciplinary actions as needed
- Develop team members for future growth and succession planning
- Contribute to the development of effective employee training programs resulting in a cross-trained and agile workforce
- Write informative or operational reports and work on special projects as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree is a plus.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of related experience with the majority of that time in a leadership capacity leading and directing teams.
- Strong experience with data analysis and manipulation, SQL knowledge is a plus
- High level of experience and proficiency with computer systems and related WMS software required
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team
- Experience in protein sortation a plus
- Flexibility to work different shifts as business needs demand
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and Occupational Safety standards
- Strong familiarity with metrics and data
- Experience in process improvement (Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen) is desirable
- Proven ability to motivate, mentor, coach and influence people
- Effectively communicates upwardly and laterally on all essential matters using the proper written or verbal medium
- Be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
Additional Qualifications for Internal Candidates
- At least 6 mos. tenure in a supervisory role at Good Eggs
- Excellent time & attendance and performance record
- HR & current manager recommendation
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, climbing, pushing, pulling carts, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 7 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 7 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 2 hours per day
- Reaching: Up, down or laterally, up to 7 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
As an organization, we support vaccination mandates as key to keeping all employees healthy and safe. In accordance with the recent mandates provided by the department of labor (OSHA), Good Eggs requires employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can’t receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.