- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment.. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As our Transportation Manager you will be a critical member of the Good Eggs Delivery Team, that ensures deliver absurdly fresh groceries to our customers on time. In this role you will be accountable for hiring, training and retaining, strongly focused customer service delivery drivers; making business decisions using the most cost-effective methods for delivery; leading an employee focused and data driven leadership team and keeping your eye on delivery industry trends. You will lead the implementation of critical product and supply chain initiatives for our fleet strategy, our on time SLA, while reducing variable cost, or meeting KPI’s. You thrive in a team environment, as well as have the ability to work independently, driving projects to completion, in a collaborative nature. Our ideal candidate is passionate about leading people, customer service and delivering strong business results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and develop a diverse team to effectively serve our customers in the most efficient way possible.
- Accountable for transportation variable cost and order performance. This will require working through your management team, as well as managing staffing partners
- Responsible for root cause analysis for all issues facing the transportation team.
- Accountable for designing fleet strategies that connect with our purpose of decreasing carbon emissions.
- Lead the implementation of a Transportation Management System that increases order capacity.
- Accountable for on time performance of +98%.
- Determine last mile strategies based on distance, fleet type, and customer profile.
- Innovate improved delivery experiences that improve customer convenience.
- Design a network distribution strategy that aligns with Good Eggs expansion roadmap.
- Champion excellent service and experiences that delight our customers via the utilization of technology and data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or closely related work experience.
- 5+ years of CPG Supply Chain experience.
- Enterprise thinking, end-to-end business knowledge.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve unique and/or challenging problems.
- Proven capability of strong collaboration and ability to lead a team successfully.
- Drive results in a balanced way, delighting customers, while engaging and growing our people in a safe and people-first environment.
- Mobilize teams to drive cross functional collaboration and create willingness to strive for outstanding results.
- Strategic innovative thinking.
- Ability to understand and translate company strategies and operational business needs into future capabilities of the team.
- Tech savvy and strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs.
Some work duties may be performed outdoors.
Some work duties are performed in an open warehouse, with open dock doors. Temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20 degrees depending on the weather outside.
Some work duties may be performed in walk in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to walk, stand for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in cold environments like a warehouse, large coolers and industrial freezers.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.