- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment.. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As an Operations Associate, you’ll work collaboratively with a fun and vibrant warehouse team to prepare and/or package top quality produce! You’ll have a range of other duties that help get great local food to our customers, detailed below.
Our warehouse is operational 24/7 Monday - Sunday. We are looking for people to fill shifts for morning, afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts.
This position pays $17 per hour. Overnight shift employees receive a shift differential of $0.50 per hour. We also offer great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full-time employees (30 hours per week or more) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Pursuant to the Oakland Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet vendors and check that all product matches what is on the invoice
- Communicate with the assortment team to report any discrepancies on invoices
Receive produce, meat sortation
- Break down pallets in order to enter product into WMS
- Operate Order Pickers/Forklifts to stow received good
Inventory control/quality control
- Inventory cycle counts and FIFO procedures
- Fix any inventory errors and report
- Report inventory errors through proper channels to each department
- Communicate quality feedback to internal teams and work to find creative solutions to reduce waste
- Maintain quality of service by following operational and safety standards
You have previous Receiving/Inventory Control/Quality Control experience.
Produce/Meat Sortation experience a must
- Experience with warehouse machinery an advantage
- Food safety handlers card is a plus.
- You are able to work weekends as a regular part of your schedule. Good Eggs is a 24 hour operation, seven days a week. We do not offer Monday through Friday schedules.
- You can lift heavy boxes and push or pull heavy items that weigh between 30 and 50 pounds.
- You are comfortable in walk-in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles per shift.
- You show up ready to work, because you know customers count on you.
- You don’t mind physical work, it energizes you.
- You get the job done and you make things happen, even if the day is not perfect.
- You are adaptable and will help other teams when your job is done, that is how we work at Good Eggs.
- You are committed to strong communication with your team.
- You know how to use a smartphone or computer.
Some work duties may be performed outdoors.
Some work duties are performed in an open warehouse, with open dock doors. Temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20 degrees depending on the weather outside.
- Some work duties may be performed in walk in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
- Some work duties may include temporary assignments.
We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling carts and handling of materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 7 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 7 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 1 hour per day
- Reaching: Up, down or laterally, up to 7 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.