- Date Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As our WMS Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for managing all WMS Tech resources in the organization and serve as a fundamental part of the management and improvement of the Good Eggs WMS (HighJump). This role requires previous IT/WMS experience and a flexible schedule, including weekend availability.
We offer competitive salary, great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full time, (30 hours per week) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support WMS deployments & technology development.
- User acceptance testing as part of software development.
- Providing design feedback based on information from end users & other WMS techs.
- Ensure that new processes/changes are communicated to end users.
- Training end users as necessary or leveraging WMS techs to train.
- Support deployment process with Technology team.
- Identifying and communicating opportunities for consideration.
- Ensure that there is 24/7 support coverage onsite.
- Managing WMS tech & Device Guardian schedules based on needs.
- Aligning on coverage when there are no WMS techs on site (what SMEs will be the point of contact if necessary).
- Cross training SMEs as necessary.
- Ensuring that the #help-highjump channel is monitored and all issues communicated are either resolved, escalated, and/or captured for resolution as part of a bug fix.
- Ensure that all documentation is maintained and kept up-to-date - New functionality/processes, changes to existing processes/functionality, SOPs (e.g. inventory corrections), daily checklists by team (e.g. IC/QC daily checklist).
- Ensure that escalation policy is adhered to by techs or any SMEs that are acting in this capacity.
- Provide detailed issue reports and ensure that WMS techs are capturing the relevant information on any issue reported.
- Point of contact with IT on equipment policy, device management, procurement and maintenance.
- Participate in improvement team sessions by adding perspective, feedback and suggestions relative to the department.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Support new operations/start-ups in different geographies as necessary.
- 3+ years in an IT, WMS, or other technical role
- Experience w/ HighJump a strong plus
- Strong ability to learn new technologies
- Strong sense of urgency and can multitask
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend availability - we are a 24/7 organization
- Previous warehouse or operations experience is a strong plus
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, climbing, pushing, pulling carts, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 6 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 6 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 6 hours per day
- Reaching: Up, down or laterally, up to 6 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
Good Eggs requires new hires to be vaccinated by the first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can’t receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. As a company, we have made this decision in order to keep our employees and customers safe. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries with no fees, accrued PTO, and generous parental leave.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees