- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Product Management
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
About the Role
Good Eggs is looking for an experienced, passionate, performance-focused Director of Performance Marketing to help us attract and deepen engagement with potential and existing customers. Reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing, the ideal candidate has effectively managed teams responsible for full funnel growth strategies with a focus on digital channels. This individual will be responsible for developing results-oriented growth strategies and plans, lead all aspects of acquisition, and communicate growth goals, strategies and results to the executive team and wider company.
At Good Eggs, we believe that effective Performance Marketing combines a data-first approach in combination with technology to enhance personalization, measurement, attribution and optimization. We are hoping to find a candidate that shares these beliefs and can lead Good Eggs into their next accelerated growth phase. You will develop and build on our consumer acquisition strategy, expand and optimize our acquisition channels, identify technology partners and machine learning models that can enhance marketing performance and operations, consistently improve KPIs, and relentlessly research and develop creative strategies based on platform innovation and business needs with a focus on improving individual channel and overall portfolio efficiency.
This role will work collaboratively with leaders from Marketing, Technology, Product, Partnerships, and Finance to develop an integrated Performance Marketing model that ensures cohesiveness across all channels. You should have an accountable mindset, with proven abilities to motivate, develop, and scale in-house employees and external agencies.
- Lead the development, planning and execution of our omni-channel, full-funnel performance marketing program. The candidate will be responsible and accountable for all acquisition marketing budget and performance, aimed at maximizing growth KPIs.
- Build, mentor and motivate a collaborative, high-performing team with a strong sense of ownership and a customer-centric point of view. Define team structure, hiring priorities, and partner needs.
- Improve key growth KPIs including ROAS, CAC, revenue, conversion rate while maintaining a healthy LTV to CAC ratio.
- Responsible for forecasting and managing the P&L to meet, and exceed, performance marketing goals and expectations.
- Implement and refine an evergreen testing framework, both intrachannel and cross-channel aimed at improving specified growth KPIs.Identify and implement data infrastructure and analytical improvements to ensure data accessibility, accuracy and consistency leading to faster and more effective decision making and improved operational efficiency.
- Deepen relationships with existing technology partners and identify new platforms that can improve operational and spend efficiency while enabling automated and highly personalized marketing communications.
- Lead cross functional collaboration with a variety of stakeholders across Marketing, Technology, Product, Partnerships, Sales, and Finance. Must have excellent communication skills to ensure clarity and buy-in across all parts of the organization.
- Manage all agency and external partners that relate to the function of performance marketing.
- Develop cohort specific acquisition strategies leveraging personalization to maximize performance within each cohort
- 8+ years of proven experience in performance marketing managing $5M+ annual marketing budgets
- A track record for successful execution of effective ROI-focused marketing campaigns across a variety of digital and offline channels.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a track record of motivating highly successful teams through a performance based culture while empowering team members to reach their full potential.
- Experience building new team frameworks, measuring impact, and maximizing the value of technology/tools that apply data effectively to marketing.
- Experience partnering with and leveraging data science to identify ML models aimed at improving spend or operational efficiency
- A deep understanding of the modern marketing landscape which includes how to effectively navigate potential performance disruptors such as data privacy regulations.
- Consumer insights experience revealing powerful and actionable information about your target audience and the ability to tap into those insights to build compelling campaigns and programs.
- Ability to sift through large amounts of data to identify and prioritize most impactful growth and optimization opportunities.
- Personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels.
- Undergraduate degree is required; MBA preferred.
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.