- Vernon, CA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
- Professional Services
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment.. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As a Dispatcher, you will be responsible for ensuring all drivers are set up for success prior to being dispatched to their delivery routes from our Vernon Fulfillment Center. As part of the Good Eggs Transportation Team, you will play a key role in providing best-in-class customer experience while bringing absurdly fresh groceries to their door with 100% on time delivery.
This position pays $21.50/hour. We also offer great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full-time employees (30 hours per week or more) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Pursuant to the LA County Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage & interact with drivers as they arrive on-site providing their route assignments
- Track driver route progress and provide driver support as needed
- Secure coverage for sick calls from third-party contract drivers or delivery team members.
- Notify drivers when their route has been changed
- Utilize specified software, route vehicles (company transits and personal driver vehicles) by matching customer orders to appropriate loads
- Understand all of Good Eggs delivery, routing, and scheduling tools such as Drive App & Zendesk
- Understand how delivery tools interact with other team processes and tools (e.g. Customers app, Pack process & collateral)
- Work closely with the Ship/Fulfillment Department in expediting orders out the door for delivery
- Ability to drive and use personal vehicle to take on delivery routes as needed
- Maintains quality of service by following operational standards
- Ensures work areas are clean & organized
- Uses radio, phone or computer to send vehicles to appropriate locations
- Ability to prioritize routes and drivers as needed
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Train all third party contractors about Good Eggs Policies and Procedures
- Prepare various reports on a daily basis, i.e. route changes request, sequence change requests etc.
- Willingness to work outdoors regardless of weather conditions
- Must keep abreast of weather conditions, forecasts, road closures, and construction projects on the chosen routes so that adjustments can be made.
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree a big plus.
- 1 or more years of warehousing or delivery experience. Experience overseeing delivery operations a plus.
- Computer skills - data entry, general report generation, spreadsheet design, data manipulation, experience using Apple Mac is a plus
- Great communication skills including telephone skills
- Excellent Time and Attendance
- Active listening with excellent communication skills
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Time management skills
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Knowledge of procedures and guidelines for emergency situations
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
- Ability to de-escalate tense situations
- Ability to think critically and execute solutions for diverse problems
- Ability to comply with established safety standards
- Ability to work scheduled hours and any required overtime
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 6 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 6 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 6 hours per day
- Reaching: Up, down or laterally, up to 6 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- Work schedule depends on company needs - may change with business
- Some work duties may be performed outdoors.
- Some work duties are performed in an open warehouse, with open dock doors. Temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20 degrees depending on the weather outside.
- Some work duties may be performed in walk in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
- Some work duties may include temporary assignments.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
As an organization, we support vaccination mandates as key to keeping all employees healthy and safe. In accordance with the recent mandates provided by the department of labor (OSHA), Good Eggs requires employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can’t receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.