- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Professional Services
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment.. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
The Prep Cook is to complete tasks as directed by the supervisor and management. The completion of these tasks will contribute to a smooth and quality flow of production, an organized and clean kitchen, and success of our Good Eggs Kitchen program.
Good Eggs Kitchen is operational Monday - Sunday. We are looking for people to fill shifts for morning, afternoon, and evening shifts.
This position pays $17.50 per hour. We also offer great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full-time employees (30 hours per week or more) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Pursuant to the Oakland Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Complete all standardized recipes with utmost care and precision
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by sanitizing surfaces and compliance to organizational systems
- Ensure alignment of standards with all preparations, including, but not limited to vegetables, fruits, and proteins
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with all sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Complete daily cleaning lists, duties, temp logs, finals temps, and any other list or record as directed by your supervisor
- Assist with training all new team members at the direction of the supervisor and by being exemplary of our team expectations
- Minimize waste and control trim/trash
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
This job description has been created to be a representation of what can be expected in this role. This is not a complete list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this role. We will make efforts to productively communicate any amendments to your job duties and responsibilities. However, duties and responsibilities are subject to change, increase, or decrease at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable
- Proven experience as prep cook is ideal but we will train
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Training from a culinary or vocational school will be an asset
- Flexible schedule prefered
- Night, weekend, and holiday shifts required.
- Job hazards may include slips and falls, cuts, and burns, but injuries are seldom serious.
- This position requires slip resistant footwear and uniforms that will be provided to you.
- Will be going in and out of freezer or refrigerator as needed
- Busy, fast paced Kitchen
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities requiring considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling carts, and handling materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and push and pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 8 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 1 hour per day
- Reaching: Up, down, or laterally, up to 8 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state, or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- Must be able to work in a multitude of environments.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.