- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
- Professional Services
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment... We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more, please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As a Delivery Driver, you are the face of the company. Being the last point of contact for our customers, you will champion customer service and be responsible for ensuring our local groceries are delivered to customers with great care and in a timely manner. You will drive to and from customers’ homes, delivering their orders and collecting any materials they return. Your transportation team will support and help you whenever needed. Your work puts great, local food in our customer’s homes.
This position pays $21 / hour and mileage reimbursement when using your own vehicle. We also offer great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full-time employees (30 hours per week or more) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Pursuant to the Oakland Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will load and unload groceries from vehicles and warehouse loading docks, carts, etc.
- You will deliver our products to our customers’ homes or businesses.
- You will interact with our customers and/or security upon delivery or collection and returning of Good Eggs packaging materials.
- You will represent the company in a courteous and professional manner.
- You will safely operate a Good Eggs delivery vehicle by obeying all of the rules of the road
- You will maintain quality of service by following operational and safety standards daily.
- You have excellent customer service skills
- You are willing to work with a consistent schedule
- Weekend availability is required. You must be customer service-oriented and available to work Sunday as one of the delivery days.
- For Part Time Drivers: Available to work the morning, afternoon, or evening shift (each shift lasts approximately 3-5 hours depending on delivery route and traffic)
- You are willing to drive both the company vehicles your own personal vehicle based on company need (approximately around 70% of the time on Company Vehicle and 30% on Personal Vehicle). Personal vehicles must be reliable, clean, well-maintained, year 2008 or newer, with a capacity to carry up to 24 medium-sized boxes (4 door sedan or larger preferred).
- You will maintain on-time delivery and accuracy rate
- You are comfortable using mobile technology for routing
- You show up because you know customers count on you
- You don’t mind physical work; it energizes you (walking, bending, lifting)
- You get the job done, and you make things happen, even if the day is not perfect.
- You are versatile and will help other teams when your job is done. That is how we do it at Good Eggs.
- You are committed to strong communication with your team
- You have time management skills; experience working on a deadline
- You have previous driving or delivery experience
- You are familiar with the greater Bay Area
- Work duties will be performed outdoors.
- Some work duties are performed in an open warehouse with open dock doors. Temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20 degrees, depending on the weather outside.
- Regularly drives in heavy traffic in urban city centers and on freeways.
- Some work duties may include temporary assignments.
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities requiring considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, reaching for objects, climbing flights of stairs, pushing, pulling carts, and handling materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Able to shift from seated to standing positions repeatedly during your workday.
- Walking: Up to 4 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 4 hours per day
- Seating: Up to 6 hour per day
- Reaching: Up, down, or laterally, up to 6 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state, or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
As an organization, we support vaccination mandates as key to keeping all employees healthy and safe. In accordance with the recent mandates provided by the department of labor (OSHA), Good Eggs requires employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can’t receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.