- Date Posted
- Nov. 1, 2021
- Professional Services
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
The part-time R&D Chef is responsible for the development of recipes produced under the Good Eggs Kitchen label. Good Eggs Kitchen is our in-house brand of prepared foods, featuring heat and eat meals, deli staples, convenient meal starters, and more - all made with a focus on quality ingredients that rotate with the seasons. The ideal candidate is well versed in a variety of culinary traditions, designs recipes in consideration of market trends and demand, and understands how to translate a delicious idea into large volume production. This position is based in Oakland, CA and will only consider local (Bay Area) candidates for this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, pitch, write, and develop recipes, including: heat and eat meals, deli staples, seasonal variations of existing products, components for meal kits
- Refine recipes to be produced at scale at the Good Eggs Kitchen Production Center
- Follow our brand guidelines and culinary philosophy, maintain particular focus on making sure that recipes meet Good Eggs’ culinary tenets
- Become completely immersed in our marketplace, and specifically feature local and seasonal ingredients from our producers
- Partner with the Head of Culinary Development to identify and refine recipes for potential outsourcing
- Partner with the Kitchen Manager on production feasibility for recipes to be made at the Production Center(s)
- Partner with the Test Kitchen team to develop new components for the Good Eggs Meal Kit program
- Maintain a clean, organized, and professional test kitchen, testing recipes and products remotely or at the Production Center for batch testing
- Support photography of all developed recipes
- 3-5 years of experience writing and developing recipes for a brand or restaurant
- Strong culinary knowledge and experience, preferably in a test kitchen, restaurants, and/or culinary school
- Strong Google Suite skills and an aptitude for learning proprietary software
- Food safety certification and nutritional analysis knowledge preferred
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- Ability to find smart, creative, and innovative solutions
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time-management skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to be a team player—no egos
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment—this is a startup, there will be changes
- Proficiency in Google suite software (i.e. Google docs and spreadsheets)
- This is position is currently a part-time role and isn’t eligible for any health benefits.
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.