- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Professional Services
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment.. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As the Sr. Manager of Food Safety, you are responsible for ensuring our fulfillment and production centers are in compliance with all relevant food safety regulations, and elevating the customer experience with Safe Quality Food and Organic integrity throughout the entire supply chain. This role will ensure that Good Eggs facilities and our valued vendor partners are in compliance with all relevant city, county, and state regulations on an ongoing basis. Create and maintain a transparent vendor compliance program that supports the verification and onboarding of farms, ranches and food facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures GMPs/SSOPs, SOPs and food safety plans are up to date, relevant to our growing marketplace and executable to the line level employee.
- Create and implement programs that provide full traceability of critical control points throughout the supply chain.
- Is able to create and implement programs that span in complexity from box in box out to in-house production across multiple locations.
- Review, update and own system of labeling program of in house production
- Regulatory and risk review of special handling systems of our production kitchen for shelf life, product integrity, customer experience and risk to brand.
- Review, schedule and maintain all local, county, state and federal regulatory documents across all facilities in multiple locations. Including health departments, agriculture departments, FDA and all other governing bodies we may apply for as we grow our business.
- Support new vendors with an onboarding process that holistically includes their food safety processes, plans and Vendor Review and update food safety requirements for producers supplying us with products. Conduct site visits as needed to ensure compliance and upon any egregious error. Play a critical role when determining when a vendor is too high of a safety risk.
- Train, verify and certify the integrity of our Organic products throughout the supply caching from vendor to consumer. Partner with a highly respected 3rd party certifier deepen the commitment to transparency and integrity as we reimagine the food system.
- Assess areas of risk within Good Eggs’ operations, then identify and prioritize solutions.
- Review any issues with cold chain, temp audits, customer concerns then update SOPs and protocols as needed
- Review any product withdrawals or recalls and ensure proper identification, disposal, and customer or regulatory agency notification by team
- Create and update mock audits for facility leadership to conduct around any areas of risk (food storage, temp abuse, etc.)
- Evaluate food production equipment at our production centers for food safety viability and shelf life integrity: Advise, Special handling equipment such as modified atmosphere and nitrogen purging for shelf life
- Apply, execute and review for updates all areas of Good Eggs’ food safety programs across all facilities: Stay current on changes and trends, Implement and update food safety plans (GMPs, SOPs, sanitation, etc.), Implement and update HACCP plans
- Implement, update and review Good Eggs’ certifications and regulatory requirements
- Oversee Food Safety, organic and quality steps and tasking for onsite QA/QC employees across facilities.
- Create train the trainer onboarding and maintenance materials and manage rollout of training programs to ensure all employees are following proper protocol
- Food safety education or equivalent certification or degree
- SQF experience and education
- HACCP education and experience
- Experience developing Food Safety programs and related documentation
- Experience with Food Safety training for a large, non-exempt staff
- Substantial experience in regulatory issues in the food industry
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Cultural fit and passion for Good Eggs’ mission
- Proven track record of success.
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office suite software (i.e. spreadsheets, presentation, and word processing software)
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries with no fees, accrued PTO, and generous parental leave.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees