- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Software Engineering
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
About the Role
Fresh off closing a $100M round of funding and adding some amazing new leaders like our CMO Vineet Mehra (former CMO at Walgreens Boots Alliance) and COO Kiran Vinta (former Head of Expansion for Uber Eats), we’re excited to put our focus on accelerating customer-centric growth both in the Bay Area and via an expansion to Southern California later this year.
To support this surge of growth, we have to continue to evolve our internal tools and systems to support the ever increasing volume and complexity of additional fulfillment centers and geographic regions, all while improving our efficiency and accuracy to provide a differentiated and transparent customer experience from checkout through same day delivery.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the architecture, design, development, and testing of our supply chain platform including our product information management, warehouse management, replenishment, purchasing, available-to-promise, routing, and delivery systems.
About the Technology Organization
Our technology organization, composed of Application Engineering, Platform Engineering, Analytics, and IT, will soon number ~35 people. We run a mature agile process, including continuous deployment (automated tests not QA), a culture of DevOps (end-to-end ownership of your code), pair programming, and regular retrospectives. Nobody likes tech debt, so we both empower developers to refactor as they go and also elevate large refactors to the company roadmap level. We're doing all this using a microservice architecture of horizontally scalable 12-factor apps written using React, React Native, Node.js, TypeScript, MongoDB, GraphQL, Apollo and RabbitMQ and integrating with industry leading partners. Everything runs on a modern, containerized platform based on Amazon ECS, including a home-grown abstraction layer that offers developers a more productive Heroku-like experience.
- Write, test, and maintain software across the stack with minimal need for support
- Lead architecture decisions for web and mobile applications and integrations
- Write technical proposals for solving business problems and work with stakeholders to build alignment around them
- Contribute to engineering best practices and documentation
- Support and mentor other engineers including pair programming and PR reviews
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support our systems. When on-call (approximately 1 week every 2 months), be available 24 hours per day to respond to pages.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience developing full-stack web applications
- Degree, certification, or relevant experience in software engineering. Masters in Computer Science strongly preferred.
- Track record of delivering large projects successfully to production
- Experience acting as the technical lead on at least two cross-team projects
- Fluency in Node, Typescript, GraphQL, MongoDB, React, React Native, Redis, or RabbitMQ
- Supply Chain experience, e.g.
- Product information management (PIM) experience
- Warehouse management systems (WMS) experience
- Enterprise resource planning systems (ERP) experience
- Third-party enterprise integrations experience
- Microservices architecture experience
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.