- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Design & UI
Grailed is one of the largest peer-to-peer marketplaces for clothing. We are the future of fashion commerce, empowering sustainable self-expression through style.
Grailed is a fully-remote team that works between the hours of 10am - 6pm ET. We also have our headquarters in NYC (SoHo) for those that wish to work from an office environment. Our team focuses on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to take the Grailed Experience to the next level. This role reports directly to the Head of Product Design, and is within the broader product organization, led by the Head of Product.
As a company that closely aligns itself with Design we are obsessed with the look, feel, functionality, and form of the experiences we craft in order to meet our user’s needs. We believe that Product Design can, and should, set Grailed even further apart from the pack, and we are working to amplify Product Design’s voice, influence, and impact within the company, so that the user’s voice remains at the heart of what we do. The Product Design team at Grailed is early in this journey, and this is a great opportunity to have wide ranging reach and influence over our entire product, processes, and people.
As a Product Designer, your primary responsibilities are three-fold:
- Discover. Identify and validate user problems informed by your squad’s goals and business objectives. Gather data to unearth and back the “why” behind the user problems to help channel the user’s voice in Engineering, Product, and Design conversations.
- Explore. You’ll rigorously explore design solutions to the problems you’ve helped to validate, in a way that maintains sight of your squad’s goals. Visualization is Design’s superpower here and you’ll be expected to wield it proficiently. You’ll collaborate with other designers as you explore design solutions, in order to build a unified Design perspective that bolsters your work.
- Execute. Execution at Grailed requires close partnership with engineering to help deliver value to our users. As an integral part of a cross-functional product development squad, you’ll be expected to represent Product Design across all phases of a project, from inception to execution. Working empathetically with your engineering partners to understand constraints, articulate trade-offs, and advocate for the best user experiences occurs across all phases.
- You will design experiences predicated on our strategy, self-initiated user research, data, an awareness of industry trends, and your knowledge of user behavior.
You will work collaboratively, and lead all conversations about user experience by actively seeking out and surfacing problems, rigorously exploring a range of solutions to the problems at hand, clearly communicating the trade-offs in the approaches being evaluated, listening empathetically to the inputs of your partners and stakeholders, and above all, channelling the voice of our users.
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Execute on your team’s roadmap to deliver value to the same users you glean insights from.
- Iterate rapidly based on user feedback, data, stakeholder feedback, and squad input.
- Command visual ‘language’ as a communication tool to collaborate on the best solutions.
- Help shape your team’s roadmap by understanding and advocating for the needs of our buyers and sellers.
- Make people-centered design decisions informed by data and user research.
- Validate and test hypotheses by doing lightweight research directly with buyers and sellers.
- Create comprehensive mobile solutions to customer problems that deliver meaningful value to our customers and material impact for the business.
- Collaborate with a range of roles: Product, Engineering, Research, Data Analysis, Customer Support, Brand Design and Marketing.
- Work with other designers across Grailed to seek and provide honest, thoughtful feedback.
- Elevate Product Design across our company through communication, facilitative collaboration and demonstration of design rigor.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of in-house product design experience, with some of that being focused on native applications.
- Experience communicating design decisions and processes openly, clearly, and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, partners, etc.
- Understands native patterns (iOS) and is excited to develop and expand our native patterns to ensure a cohesive and branded product experience.
- Advocate for the importance of solving real customer problems, and has partnered with research teams—or better yet, led their own research efforts—to validate and inform product thinking.
- Uses qualitative research and quantitative insights to inform design decisions.
- Delight in creating sketches, prototypes, research plans, and experiments to validate ideas and opinions.
We offer stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, great vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please email us at email@example.com to let us know.