- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Design & UI
Grailed is one of the largest peer-to-peer marketplaces for clothing. We are the future of fashion commerce, empowering sustainable self-expression through style.
Grailed is a fully-remote team that works between the hours of 10am - 6pm ET. We also have our headquarters in NYC (SoHo) for those that wish to work from an office environment. Our team focuses on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do.
We’re looking for a Staff Product Designer to help us execute product design consistently and holistically across teams at Grailed. This role reports directly to the Head of Product Design, and is within the broader product organization, led by the Head of Product.
As a company that closely aligns itself with Design we are obsessed with the look, feel, functionality, and form of the experiences we craft in order to meet our user’s needs. We believe that product design can, and should, set Grailed even further apart from the pack, and we are working to amplify Product Design’s voice, influence, and impact within the company, so that the user’s voice remains at the heart of what we do. The Product Design team at Grailed is early in this journey, and this is a great opportunity to have wide ranging reach and influence over our entire product, processes, and people.
Who you are:
- 8-10 years of product design experience working within cross-functional software development teams
- Pursuing a principal track in Product Design, as opposed to a management track
- Excels at both hands-on product design, and direction/delegation
- Experienced with different design and development methodologies and able to apply selective aspects of them to team environments as solutions, when needed.
- Comfortable leading teams of designers and non-designers through design-led activities and processes
- You’re an expert in web and mobile app design, best practices and stay current with iOS updates, trends and design patterns.
- You’re a strategic thinker who’s able to defend their designs, but more importantly, gain consensus and alignment from the team.
- Know when to validate your designs with user research and A/B testing. Be able to prototype designs, assist in research studies and iterate on designs based on feedback.
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and project management skills
As a Staff Product Designer, your primary responsibilities are three-fold:
- Cohere. Uphold and design the end-to-end holistic Grailed user experience
- Boost. Set up squads for success by establishing best product design practices and processes, while iterating and refining our preexisting ways of working
- Pioneer. Launch new products and programs before we form teams around them
- Establish best practices for product design operations within your squad(s) that are extendable to the entire product design team
- Ensure a consistent and effective user-experience system-wide through hands-on collaboration with product design owners and one’s own product design projects.
- Ensure consistent IxD and visual design through establishment and upkeep of Grailed’s first Design System
- Proactively provide feedback to designers and broader product team to continually raise our bar for quality, acting as a mentor to designers on the team
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including product designers, product managers, engineers
- Generate product concepts and iterate solutions based on business and user feedback
- Transform screen designs into interactive flows with micro-interactions, animations and transitions. Create design artifacts (flow diagrams, box models, wireframes, etc) that help teams understand context and design approaches
- Work closely with engineering to support development of proposed solutions. Deliver pixel-perfect screens and specifications to support development
More about Grailed:
We offer stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, great vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.