- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
Grailed is one of the largest peer-to-peer marketplaces for clothing. We are the future of fashion commerce, empowering sustainable self-expression through style.
Grailed is a fully-remote team that works between the hours of 10am - 6pm ET. We also have our headquarters in NYC (SoHo) for those that wish to work from an office environment. Our team focuses on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do.
We are looking for a Director of Payments to lead the Payments effort at Grailed. This role is in the Operations department, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
You will work closely with business and technical stakeholders to drive the evolution of our payments platform, and help define and execute the company’s strategy across all areas related to payments.
As the Director of Payments, you will have two main responsibilities:
- Payments operations (analysis, anti-fraud, claims, etc)
- And payments strategy (international expansion, BNPL, stored value, referral programs, etc)
- Working cross-functionally to create a best-in-class payments program and define our long term strategy
- Minimizing financial risk by understanding and combating fraud
- Designing, productionizing, managing, and scaling a world class claims process in support of our community
- Developing and monitoring key performance metrics related to cost, platform performance, data integrity, risk, and revenue
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to meet business goals adjacent to payments (e.g. user trust, managing other forms of fraud)
- Leveraging the payments platform to drive growth initiatives and oversee their ROI, e.g., referrals, discounts, Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL), stored value
- Maintaining awareness of any changing regulations, card scheme rules, and emerging payments issues that could affect the payment acceptance strategy, and create communications to inform company-wide stakeholders
- Working closely with Finance team to ensure payments reports support a streamlined reconciliation process
- Building, developing, and actively managing relationships with external payments partners to maximize performance
Who you are
- An expert who’s led the payments efforts of a large e-commerce organization
- Can leverage data using business intelligence tools, or raw SQL, to drive decisions and fight fraud
- Skilled in managing the financials and ROI of taking on additional payments capabilities, including building vs. outsourcing key functions
- Able to incorporate existing infrastructure and necessary requirements while planning future solutions
- Ability to develop strategic points of view and to facilitate or lead discussions with senior executives
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and project management skills
More about Grailed
We offer stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, great vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please email us at email@example.com to let us know.