- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
Grailed and Heroine are curated e-commerce marketplaces for men’s and women’s luxury fashion. Our community driven marketplaces are built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where fashion enthusiasts can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We’re constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
We are looking for a Manager to lead User/ Seller Risk Moderation on Grailed. You will be leading a team of User Fraud Analysts and be responsible for defining our user/ seller risk strategy, targets and processes to remove fraudulent users from our Marketplace. You’ll be part of our Trust Operations team who are responsible for ensuring Grailed is a safe and trustworthy Marketplace for users to transact on, delivering big improvements to the Grailed community.
This role is based in NYC and reports to the Director of Trust (Operations)
As a Manager of Trust - User/Seller Risk, you will:
- Develop User Risk and Banning policies to quickly and efficiently identify and remove fraudulent users from the marketplace, minimizing negative impact to the Grailed Community
- Set long-term user risk strategies, targets and roadmap and manage to these targets on a weekly basis
- Drive process standardization and excellence to improve the impact and scalability of our User Fraud team
- Analyze risk data (e.g. PayPal case data) to identify new fraud trends, and develop appropriate policies and workflows to address these trends
- Utilize Fraud Prevention tools (SIFT Science) to build scalable, automated workflows and processes to reduce user-level fraud on Grailed
- Work closely with cross functional partners, including:
- Community Experience team to improve user level communications and processes related to user fraud
- Product and Analytics to identify actionable opportunities to improve the quality of our moderation
- Provide coaching support and feedback to the User Fraud Analyst(s)
The following might describe you:
- 2+ years experience with writing policies and developing processes in Trust/ Fraud domain
- Experience with identifying improvement opportunities to improve a key metric, with a focus on process excellence, scalability and standardization
- Analytically minded problem solver who likes to roll up your sleeves to get things done, with 2+ years analytical experience with Excel (bonus: SQL)
- Experience working with Risk Management workflow tools (e.g. SIFT Science)
- You have managed a team of 1+ people before
- Passion for ensuring Grailed is a safe community marketplace to buy and sell clothes
- 1+ years analytical experience with Excel (preferred) and SQL (bonus)
- Experience and knowledge in authenticating a large range of items, particularly in Sneakers
- Deep knowledge and interest of one or more segments of the Grailed Marketplace (Grails, Hype, Sneakers)
- Have managed a team of 2+ people before
Grailed launched in 2014 and has become one of the premier online marketplaces to find great men’s clothing. Our sister site, Heroine, launched in 2017 and is quickly following suit.
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, generous vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment. Grailed is located in SoHo and walking distance from N/Q/R, 4/6, A/C/E, and B/D/F/M trains. We are currently planning on working remotely until September 2021.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.