- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 1, 2021
- Product Management
Grailed is one of the largest peer-to-peer marketplaces for clothing. We are the future of fashion commerce, empowering sustainable self-expression through style.
Grailed is a fully-remote team that works between the hours of 10am - 6pm ET. We also have our headquarters in NYC (SoHo) for those that wish to work from an office environment. Our team focuses on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do.
The Director of Retention is a marketing leadership role that will be responsible for developing and maturing Grailed’s engagement strategy, while driving day-to-day repeat behavior through the creation of innovative and personalized campaigns and lifecycle marketing, and ultimately contributing significantly to increasing LTV (across push, email, etc.).
The ideal candidate has evolved batch-and-blast tactics into effective data-driven and personalized lifecycle marketing programs and has previously designed powerful segmentation strategies. They have also demonstrated the ability to drive repeat behavior with or without the use of a loyalty program and/or promos. A strong player-coach who loves to think strategically but is also confident and capable of diving deep with a team of retention managers and partnering closely with performance, analytics, engineering, and brand teams will absolutely thrive in this role.
Who you are
- 10+ years relevant marketing experience (retention, engagement) with multiple years of experience in people management and developing high performance teams
- Experience in consumer ecommerce and/or a marketplace preferred
- Highly data-driven approach to problem solving; demonstrated ability to understand KPIs, to dive deep in customer and channel data, and to turn insights into results that achieve revenue targets
- Customer obsessed; must have a strong understanding of how the user thinks and behaves (both buyers and sellers)
- Entrepreneurial approach; able to navigate ambiguity, juggle competing priorities, and react quickly to change
- Prior P&L responsibility; experience managing budgets, partnering closely with finance to forecast and achieve targets, evaluating and engaging new vendors
- Experience working within email platforms and proficiency in CRM technology management, with a strong understanding of marketing, data structure, operational databases & segmentation
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, with prior experience working with senior management
- MBA preferred and working knowledge of SQL a plus
- Drive the strategy and execution of our lifecycle and retention efforts as a means to activate and retain users, increase LTV and grow the brand
- Create and optimize customer-centric marketing programs, including lifecycle trigger and transactional programs, personalization, reactivation campaigns, and brand- or product-marketing campaigns across push, email, SMS, etc.
- Drive effective segmentation and targeting strategies in close partnership with marketing analytics and finance as a means to increase LTV
- Build and optimize promotions program in partnership with finance and engineering
- Support marketing objectives to create and maintain a consistent brand experience
- Accelerate our marketing capabilities by identifying opportunities to scale through technological innovation and maximize value of vendor/agency relationships
- Develop a robust testing program to optimize performance around customer engagement and conversion
- Mentor and grow retention team to maximize LTV; and to effectively track, analyze, and report on performance; and to maximize impact in a brand-right way
- Partner with finance and analytics to consult on and/or oversee data projects; partner with engineering to define requirements for the maintenance or enhancement of retention program.
More about us
Grailed cares deeply about the customer and the employee experience. We are a fully-distributed team with headquarters in NYC. Each Grailed team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
We offer stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, great vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.