- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Product Management
Grailed is a curated peer-to-peer e-commerce marketplace for men’s and women’s fashion. Our community driven marketplace is built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts, and our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where people interested in developing their style can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team focuses on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We’re constantly looking for opportunities to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to take the lead on a team working to change the way users interact with Grailed and each other. The social commerce team is focused on unlocking the ability for users to discover more of what they’re looking for through the introduction of new application dynamics and highly requested features for community curation.
We put an emphasis on shipping early and often, putting tangible experiences in front of our users and working with them to shape a product that feels “smooth as heck.” The team is still early in this process, and this is a great opportunity to work on front-and-center features that will empower millions of users browsing a catalog of millions of listings to better find the items they want.
If you’re looking to take ownership over technical challenges related to developing, and scaling a unique set of features, to drive a clear and direct impact on the business, and to work hard in a fun and focused environment, then this is the role for you. Come join our team of smart and thoughtful engineers as we work to power the world’s largest marketplace for men and women’s fashion.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of engineering experience.
- You have experience leading and managing the work of a team of engineers.
- You have a strong philosophy on how to effectively break down work in to achievable chunks.
- You have experience building, maintaining, or architecting one or more production web applications.
- You have knowledge of and opinions on API design, database design, naming, and simplifying complex services.
- You have an understanding of operational concerns such as deployment, migrations, configuration, and provisioning.
- Preferably, you have professional experience with the technologies we work with (Rails, Next.js, React, Flow, Postgres, Heroku).
- Bonus points if you have worked on feeds, discovery, or similar projects with high scale and high availability requirements in the past!
As a Tech Lead and Senior Software Engineer, you will do things like:
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build features and improvements
- Solve challenges in architecture, security, performance, scalability, personalization, optimization, and more
- Manage quality and delivery of team projects
- Extend our API and back-end systems
- Interface directly with our PostgreSQL cluster
- Add to and improve our testing environment
- Help ensure our infrastructure is online and stable
- QA and review other engineers’ work
- Keep up with the latest development trends
- Mentor and sponsor other engineers in your areas of expertise
More about us
Grailed launched in 2014 and has become one of the premier online marketplaces to find great men’s clothing. Our sister site, Heroine, launched in 2017 and is quickly following suit.
We offer stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, great vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment. We are currently planning on working remotely until September 2021, however our beautiful offices are located in SoHo, and walking distance from N/Q/R, 4/6, A/C/E, and B/D/F/M trains.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.