- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 1, 2021
- Software Engineering
Grailed is one of the largest peer-to-peer marketplaces for clothing. We are the future of fashion commerce, empowering sustainable self-expression through style.
Grailed is a fully-remote team that works between the hours of 10am - 6pm ET. We also have our headquarters in NYC (SoHo) for those that wish to work from an office environment. Our team focuses on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to support a team of six engineers, with plans to grow further. Our teams work across functions to create solutions, as we strive to power the world’s largest marketplace for fashion.
We invite you to join our team of motivated and thoughtful engineers. Come bring the skills you have, and learn some new ones, as we work together to take the team to the next level.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years experience as an engineering manager, with a team of four or more direct reports.
- Your approach has diversity and inclusion at its core.
- You have experience working on cross-functional teams.
- You know the ins-and-outs of management. You know how to measure the health of your teams, you can debug underperforming teams, and you have experience delivering both positive and constructive performance feedback.
- People that report to you excel, you are someone people will make a sacrifice to work with.
- You are technically adept. You have a storied experience as an engineer, can assess technical risk, and speak to trade-offs.
- You have experience as a hiring manager.
As an Engineering Manager, you will do things like:
- Create a friendly and safe work environment that values inclusion, diversity and teamwork.
- Mentor your team, facilitating their growth and providing them with the resources they need to be successful.
- Act as hiring manager to recruit, interview, and onboard new teammates.
- Be an instrumental part of planning and executing your team’s roadmap.
- Work to improve the health and function of the entire engineering organization.
- Promote an environment that fosters a supportive and performant team.
- Provide your reports with regular feedback, and conduct performance reviews.
We offer stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, great vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.