- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Design & UI
Create the app that helps humanity grow plants
Greg is changing the way humans live alongside plants. We believe that everyone should understand how plants work and be able to participate in solutions to the existential challenges our planet is facing, from food system insecurity to collapsing ecosystems.
We’ve started by creating a delightful mobile app that helps people grow thriving plants. Our community has grown from 100 beta users in August 2020 to over 50,000 active users today. Plants have been watered with Greg over 1M times, and partners like The Sill and over 100 other retailers have started sharing Greg to help their customers care for newly-purchased plants.
About the Role:
As a founding member of our product team, you’ll be an instrumental creative partner in helping to build the future of living with plants. You’ll shape delightfully simple, fun user experiences across our mobile apps and website.
What sets us apart:
- We’re inventors and artists creating a product and brand that has the potential to make a difference in billions of lives.
- We distribute ownership of the company equally among our teammates
- Our team has shipped wildly successful consumer mobile apps at a global scale before
- Our team combines hard science with product design, engineering, and story-telling
- Our app already has substantial traction and a thriving community
- We’re a Public Benefit Company with a published charter
- We’re fully remote
- You have 3-6 years’ experience designing mobile and web user experiences
- You have an online portfolio with mobile app or web design samples
- You’re passionate about the process: creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and delivering final pixel perfect designs
- You take pride in capturing all states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths”
- You strive to deliver clean, detailed specs to engineering and enjoy collaborating with them during the build phase
- You love Figma
- You have experience designing at a consumer tech-startup
- You have experience with illustration and/or animations
- You’ve tried growing plants (successfully or not )
Gregarious is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We go further than most teams by requiring a diverse makeup from our board of directors and cap table through to our team and community. When you believe that humankind, plantkind, and all living beings are kin, then it becomes clear that we’re all in this together.