- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
Gremlin is seeking a Recruiting Coordinator to join our People Operations Team. This role will handle everything from scheduling interviews, to tracking candidate data, to ensuring that candidates have an amazing experience as they consider Gremlin as their next home. The right candidate will thrive at getting things done in a fast-moving and sometimes chaotic environment while keeping our candidates top of mind.
This candidate will be an organizational guru, work effectively with internal stakeholders and candidates, possess great communication skills, have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice and enjoy the challenges of helping to build a great organization of talented individuals.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Shepherd recruiting process from start to finish (job requisition, interview panel kick-off, Greenhouse user onboarding & support, interview and debrief scheduling).
- Assist with sourcing and pre-screening candidates.
- Provide a comfortable and welcoming candidate experience from start to finish so that each applicant feels respected and becomes a champion of our brand.
- Maintain data integrity and document organization within Greenhouse, Google drive, and Slite.
- Identify external resources (job boards, networks, recruiters) to build a diverse talent pool and increase company exposure.
- Ensure DEI strategies are integrated in all aspects of the hiring process (job description language, interview panels, sourced job boards, bias checks).
- Coordinate a high-volume of interview requests through timely communication.
- Create job postings through Greenhouse, LinkedIn Ad Postings, and other job boards as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to improve and refine recruiting processes to make every step of the experience exceptional for candidates and hiring teams.
- Maintain a deep level of confidentiality.
- Send new hire welcome swag.
We’ll expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of equivalent work experience in an Administrative/HR/Recruiting role.
- Familiarity with an ATS platform (Greenhouse preferred).
- Keen eye for even the most minute details with remarkable organization skills.
- Genuine interest in relationship building and ability to partner cross functionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication across all levels of an organization.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Passion for the candidate experience and finding ways to enhance and better the experience.
- Familiarity with Linked Ad Posting procedures.
- Experience working with a remote recruiting organization.
- If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team Activities (currently virtual due to Covid-19)
Employees at Gremlin have the unique chance to be at the forefront of a new IT practice, Chaos Engineering, just as the industry is beginning to adopt it. Our team is growing and you have an opportunity to join us as we transform how companies like Target, Twilio, National Bank of Australia, and many more build reliable software.
- “Gartner anticipates that 40% of organizations will implement chaos engineering practices as part of DevOps initiatives by 2023, reducing unplanned downtime by 20%.”
- Source: https://www.gartner.com/smarterwithgartner/the-io-leaders-guide-to-chaos-engineering/
Chaos Engineering helps engineers test large computer systems to discover system problems before those problems cause outages. This is a foundational approach for every company that provides mission-critical, always-online services. Gremlin provides a platform that makes the practice much faster to implement and easier to use for both large and small enterprise customers.
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders,” they were responsible for guiding teams through analyzing and resolving global outages. After a decade of developing and advocating Chaos Engineering internally, in 2016 they decided to make what they had learned available to a wider set of enterprise companies and launched Gremlin.
Since then, Gremlin has built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn from one another while pushing the entire industry forward to new heights. We’re backed by top-tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
At Gremlin, we value:
- OUR CUSTOMERS - We won’t be a company if our customers aren’t thrilled. We live and die by our customers, so they come first.
- ACTION - We favor small experiments to gather data rather than over-analyzing a situation. Getting stuff done always beats talking about getting stuff done.
- CONTEXT, NOT CONTROL - We hire autonomous adults with good judgement. We provide them with the context to make smart decisions. We don’t micromanage.
- BEING VOCALLY SELF-CRITICAL - We all make mistakes, we all have ways in which we can improve. We own that upfront, and honestly discuss ways in which we’ve personally made mistakes and can get better. Then, we encourage and help one another succeed at doing so.
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION - We are at our best when we encourage and include the thoughts and voices of people from many diverse backgrounds into our strategy and execution. We recognize that systemic racism and gender bias are real and that we aren’t perfect, so we actively work to encourage the difficult conversations, to listen, and to change as we discover our blind spots so that Gremlin is a company all of us feel proud to be a part of.
- FRUGALITY - We are working to build a profitable company and create a new practice in the industry. We spend money on the right things, like making sure employees have the tools they need to be successful and the company has what it needs; we simply choose not to waste what we have and not to buy what we don’t actually need.
You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.