- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Product Management
Gremlin’s mission is to make the Internet more reliable. We’re leading the way in the exciting, growing practice of Chaos Engineering, for enterprises like Target, Twilio and JP Morgan Chase that are building complex, distributed SaaS applications whose success depends on uptime. The Gremlin platform uncovers risks and weaknesses that aren’t addressed by traditional DevOps and IT operations processes and best practices. If paving a new path forward at the leading edge of technology sounds exciting to you, we should talk.
About the Role of Product Marketing Manager
The Product Marketing Manager will be an integral member of Gremlin’s Go to Market Strategy and execution. This is a critical role. Product Marketing operates at the intersection of product management, sales, and the larger marketing organization. The role helps build the GTM strategy, helps tell the story, and executes the plan.
You’ve worked in the trenches long enough to know what motivates developers, and you may even have a collection of technical side projects that you love to talk about. You’re familiar with DevOps, SRE, and the move to the cloud.
You have strong verbal and written communication skills and have a knack for articulating complex technical concepts into tangible stories that resonate with a technical end user as well as their leadership. You’re keen to attract the right audience and are comfortable pivoting tactics based on data-driven insights. You’ve developed, executed, and measured end-to-end marketing campaigns. In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with these teams and other areas of the company to develop and implement marketing strategies, content, and programs that increase awareness and adoption of Gremlin while advocating the practices of reliability and Chaos Engineering.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Jump head-first into Market and Industry research that will guide the way for Gremlin GTM strategies
- Talk with customers and prospects about their Reliability practices
- Build compelling messaging that conveys the value of Gremlin to our key markets, industry verticals, and target personas
- Create engaging market-facing content - web pages, emails, ads, webinars, blog posts, product launches, videos and presentations
- Play a collaborative role in helping shape Gremlin’s Product Marketing priorities
- Assist the Sales team with training, sales collateral, and product positioning
- Help build full-funnel integrated marketing campaigns (identify goals, risks, audience, messaging, and tactics) to drive new interest and MQLs
- Collaborate across all Gremlin teams to help launch platform updates and drive release-based marketing efforts
- Work directly with our Events team to develop high-impact event messaging and collateral
- Directly engage with our user community at industry events and in online forums
- Work on building a Customer Marketing strategy and program to help drive adoption, retention, and expansion
We’ll expect you to have:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a Product Marketing, Advocacy, Technical Marketing, or similar role
- Experience gathering actionable data and insights around buyer and user behavior, industry trends, etc. We’re looking for somebody who can surface data to help us build better products for customers.
- Recent hands-on experience marketing B2B software, ideally targeted at enterprise IT operations, SRE, Testing, Development, or network teams
- Experience owning the end to end Product launch process, from strategy, to planning, to execution.
- Comfort and/or excitement around working with a remote team
- Excitement around working in a fast paced environment
- Compelling writing, speaking, and visual storytelling skills. Your work will appear in our blog, on our website, in sales presentations and at events that we host
- A feel for an original story angle and a natural inclination to expand what is possible with Gremlin’s marketing
- Familiarity with DevOps, the move to the Cloud, and SRE
- Product Marketing Experience in the SaaS startup universe
- Experience building and executing on Customer Marketing campaigns
- Experience using Product Marketing Alliance frameworks for things such as win/loss analysis, messaging, etc.
- Prior experience in a Chaos Engineering or Reliability-related role or organization
- If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team Activities (currently virtual due to Covid-19)
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders,” they were responsible for guiding teams through analyzing and resolving global outages. After a decade of developing and advocating Chaos Engineering internally, in 2016 they decided to make what they had learned available to a wider set of enterprise companies and launched Gremlin.
Since then, Gremlin has built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn from one another while pushing the entire industry forward to new heights. We’re backed by top-tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
At Gremlin, we value:
- OUR CUSTOMERS - We won’t be a company if our customers aren’t thrilled. We live and die by our customers, so they come first.
- ACTION - We favor small experiments to gather data rather than over-analyzing a situation. Getting stuff done always beats talking about getting stuff done.
- CONTEXT, NOT CONTROL - We hire autonomous adults with good judgement. We provide them with the context to make smart decisions. We don’t micromanage.
- BEING VOCALLY SELF-CRITICAL - We all make mistakes, we all have ways in which we can improve. We own that upfront, and honestly discuss ways in which we’ve personally made mistakes and can get better. Then, we encourage and help one another succeed at doing so.
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION - We are at our best when we encourage and include the thoughts and voices of people from many diverse backgrounds into our strategy and execution. We recognize that systemic racism and gender bias are real and that we aren’t perfect, so we actively work to encourage the difficult conversations, to listen, and to change as we discover our blind spots so that Gremlin is a company all of us feel proud to be a part of.
- FRUGALITY - We are working to build a profitable company and create a new practice in the industry. We spend money on the right things, like making sure employees have the tools they need to be successful and the company has what it needs; we simply choose not to waste what we have and not to buy what we don’t actually need.
- You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
- We can’t wait to meet you!
Learn more about how Gremlin is defining the practice of Chaos Engineering:
- Engineering for Chaos: Preparing for Disaster | Kolton Andrus | TEDxAsburyPark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasOy54QGKo