- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
Gremlin’s mission is to make the Internet more reliable. We’re leading the way in the exciting, growing practice of Chaos Engineering, for enterprises like Target, Twilio and JP Morgan Chase that are building complex, distributed SaaS applications whose success depends on uptime. The Gremlin platform uncovers risks and weaknesses that aren’t addressed by traditional DevOps and IT operations processes and best practices. If paving a new path forward at the leading edge of technology sounds exciting to you, we should talk.
About the Role of Enterprise Account Executive
Gremlin’s sales team is growing, and we’re seeking a passionate and entrepreneurial Account Executive to help the company scale. This role will play a vital role in bringing on Gremlin’s initial customers, ensuring their success, and generating post Series A momentum.
You’ll bring credibility and relationships to bear as you expand trials and build pipeline. Working with a Solution Architect partner and directly with the leadership team, you’ll be central in building the company and the function, fostering a customer-centric culture that will drive the company into its next stage of growth.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Prospect into medium to large sized companies while managing an efficient sales process
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Manage existing customer expectations while expanding reach and depth into assigned territory
- Have an intuitive sense of required steps to close business and gain customer validation
- Identify a robust set of business drivers behind all opportunities
- Ensure high forecasting accuracy and consistency
- Maintain, build and manage specific relationship maps for your territory including existing relationships and aspirational contacts
- Have a thorough understanding of customer’s business
We’ll expect you to have:
- 5+ Years Enterprise Field Role (or mix of mid-market and enterprise)
- Sold into large fortune 1000 companies
- Proven ability to hunt and win new logos
- Deal sizes have been large mid-market 100k+ or enterprise, 1m+
- Demonstrated excellence in consistently overachieving plan
- Excellent communicator and presenter who can represent the company and the product independently
- Collaborative team player who works well with internal team and solves for customer as well as company
- Deep contacts, previous customers, and successful track record selling to Engineers in a technical space
- Domain exposure to APM, DevOps, Microservices, and SaaS services
- Recent experience working for an emerging tech company (or has sold from small to big companies)
- If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team Activities (currently virtual due to Covid-19)
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders,” they were responsible for guiding teams through analyzing and resolving global outages. After a decade of developing and advocating Chaos Engineering internally, in 2016 they decided to make what they had learned available to a wider set of enterprise companies and launched Gremlin.
Since then, Gremlin has built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn from one another while pushing the entire industry forward to new heights. We’re backed by top-tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
At Gremlin, we value:
- OUR CUSTOMERS - We won’t be a company if our customers aren’t thrilled. We live and die by our customers, so they come first.
- ACTION - We favor small experiments to gather data rather than over-analyzing a situation. Getting stuff done always beats talking about getting stuff done.
- CONTEXT, NOT CONTROL - We hire autonomous adults with good judgement. We provide them with the context to make smart decisions. We don’t micromanage.
- BEING VOCALLY SELF-CRITICAL - We all make mistakes, we all have ways in which we can improve. We own that upfront, and honestly discuss ways in which we’ve personally made mistakes and can get better. Then, we encourage and help one another succeed at doing so.
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION - We are at our best when we encourage and include the thoughts and voices of people from many diverse backgrounds into our strategy and execution. We recognize that systemic racism and gender bias are real and that we aren’t perfect, so we actively work to encourage the difficult conversations, to listen, and to change as we discover our blind spots so that Gremlin is a company all of us feel proud to be a part of.
- FRUGALITY - We are working to build a profitable company and create a new practice in the industry. We spend money on the right things, like making sure employees have the tools they need to be successful and the company has what it needs; we simply choose not to waste what we have and not to buy what we don’t actually need.
- You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
- We can’t wait to meet you!
Learn more about how Gremlin is defining the practice of Chaos Engineering:
- Engineering for Chaos: Preparing for Disaster | Kolton Andrus | TEDxAsburyPark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasOy54QGKo