- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Design & UI
What does success look like?
- You will ship a ton of code that is elegant to use and read, and you take ownership of it. You can be relied upon throughout its lifecycle.
- You’ll create components and design systems that scale
- You’ll have good taste for when we build something in house, and where existing tools are appropriate
- You hold yourself and the rest of the team to a high bar and design experiences that are not just functional, but delightful to our users
- You are a product leader who comes up with great initiatives and product ideas, and not just someone who takes a feature and make it “functional”.
- You communicate your thoughts and decisions clearly and proactively, and talk to users around the world constantly, knowing that their expectation may differ from your intuition.
Our software is constantly evolving, so we need engineers who can do the same. Our current stack is:
- Python backend
- AWS for most of our infrastructure
- You’ll have significant control over what gets added to and removed from this list in the next version of this job description.
We think that people with amazing ability can come from all sorts of backgrounds. You need to prove that you can ship quality code and understand how to scale applications, and grow into a leadership position within the company.
Remote first, with dedicated meet ups
There are pros and cons to working remotely vs in-person. We want the best of both worlds.
We were founded right as the world went into the Covid-19 lockdown and were birthed as a remote first company. We see many benefits to being remote and plan to be that way for the foreseeable future. We also believe that building strong culture and innovating require trust and facetime, so we want to be able to meet in person at least once a month.
As a result we will be fully remote for at least the next year but you must have the ability to travel to London at least once a month for a day or two.