- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
- Data Science
Are you interested in championing a product that makes work better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
We’re Humu — we build products based in behavioral science that help people grow and thrive at work. In short, we’re here to make work better.
Humu nudges people towards better ways of working, unlocking the potential of individuals, teams, and organizations. We enable companies to drive positive change by deploying personalized, scientifically-backed suggestions called nudges to employees. These nudges help people build better habits, work smarter and connect with their colleagues.
What you’ll get to work on
Humu’s Nudge Engine® deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
We’re looking for a creative, enthusiastic data storyteller who can craft compelling, inspiring, and share-worthy narratives using data. As a member of our People Science team, you will:
- Partner with Humu’s Marketing team to outline, prioritize, and write stories about our data, to be published and shared across platforms
- Conduct rigorous and timely analyses on topics that will intrigue, educate, and inspire those who follow the fields of HR, People Analytics, Behavioral Economics, and I/O Psychology
- Catalyze meaningful conversations about the nature and future of work through your analyses
- Graphically bring Humu data to life by creating compelling, share-worthy visualizations
- Partner with Humu’s Behavioral Science team to understand the latest trends in behavioral science research, then conduct analyses that communicate a perspective on these topics
- Help Data Science at Humu develop an even more user-centric and user-friendly approach to data and insights
- Translate and apply your work to the Product team; inform the product direction of insights within our software based on what you uncover in your analyses
- Communicate, publicize, and champion the results of your analyses internally, to inform our future product features and direction
- Learn from and collaborate with other Data Analysts, Data Scientists and Behavioral Scientists
- Strong background in human behavior, statistics and data analysis
- PhD, Masters, or equivalent expertise in a field that uses analytics to understand human behavior (e.g., Organizational Behavior, Social/Personality Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Industrial/Organizational Psychology)
- Proven ability to translate data into compelling and easy-to-understand insights, stories, and narratives that resonate with a non-technical audience
- Experience or demonstrated interest in writing about or visualizing data in popular press articles, on social media, blogs, or for marketing or internal communications at another organization (please feel free to link to any relevant work or portfolio in your resume, if possible or shareable)
- Deeply creative and curious when it comes numbers and data: you know how to find compelling and accurate stories, and can efficiently and effectively separate signal from noise
- Highly efficient: able to navigate ambiguity and solve problems in a fast-paced environment; able to analyze data on tight deadlines when needed
- Proficient in R or Python, with strong data manipulation and visualization skills
- Expert knowledge of a breadth of statistical techniques (e.g., ANOVA, regression, cluster analysis, longitudinal methods such as growth modeling or time series, psychometrics, etc.)
- Experience with survey design and/or analyzing survey data
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills