- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Product Engineering
Are you interested in championing a product that makes work better by making people better at work? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu is building experiences—backed by science—to drive positive change in the way people and organizations work. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom. We're a fun group with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
Humu’s Nudge Engine™ deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action. Businesses large and small rely on Humu to translate business strategies into real competitive advantages through more engaged and productive teams.
As a Product Manager at Humu, you’ll help develop strategy and goals for the product team, and clear a path for execution to make those goals a reality. We’re a collaborative environment, and we’re looking for someone who prioritizes the team above all else. You’ll act as an amplifier and collaborator across all teams — listening to, engaging with all teams and cross-pollinating ideas.
Your first week you’ll do things like:
- Examine the data around an existing feature, interview customers, and develop a plan for improving it
- Examine collected feedback around a specific feature request, talk to users who gave that feedback, and think about how that fits in with the overall product, then create a spec to address it
Your first quarter you’ll do things like:
- Talk to our customers to understand the unique challenges they face
- Partner with designers, engineers, and scientists to design solutions, prioritize the roadmap, and help customers achieve their goals
- Examine purchase and setup flows to find weak points and improve success rates
Your first year you’ll do things like:
- Find ways to make our customers more successful by deeply understanding the different challenges faced by different customer personas in different industries
- Have an impact on workers everywhere by translating workplace psychology research and modern B2B software design into tangible features that improve job satisfaction and drive personal growth
- Plan and build integrations with complementary systems so that Humu is stickier and more valuable to our customers
- 2+ years of experience in B2B or B2C SaaS Product Management
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership. Ability to lead and influence teams as you drive key product outcomes.
- Experience moving quickly — establishing timelines and delivering high-quality work on schedule
- Expert communicator and collaborator, with an emphasis on understanding multiple perspectives
- A tolerance for ambiguity and a willingness to wear multiple hats
- A passion for our mission to make work better for everyone, everywhere