- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Product Management
We’re on a mission to make work better for everyone, everywhere. We empower people to thrive at work, without creating more work for them.
Who we are
We’re an action management platform that makes it easy for organizations to improve their morale, engagement, and performance—every single week. At Humu, we know that all great things start small, which is why we give people the exact step-by-step support they need to reach big goals.
We’re looking for passionate collaborators who are excited about building a product that empowers people to improve themselves, and the teams around them.
Where you fit in
We are committed to change the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone’s working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission, and excited to collaborate with people who want to do the same - and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, please apply!
As a Content Manager at Humu, you’ll own the execution and outcomes of an integral part of the Humu product experience: influential short-form content, also known as “nudges.” You’ll work with an interdisciplinary team that cares deeply about making work better for all employees in all industries, applying concepts from behavioral science research in simple and practical ways. The ideal candidate will be a gifted writer and communicator, and a proven project leader who can wrangle many threads into a cohesive outcome. And of course we want you to share our passion for the mission!
- Source, hire, onboard, train, and manage a team of freelance writers
- Staff and schedule writing projects week to week
- Plan content needs with our Behavioral Science and product teams, ensuring alignment between functional roadmap and content principles
- Edit submitted short-form content and provide feedback to writers to ensure all content meets quality, accessibility, and i18n-friendliness standards, and to maintain the integrity of Humu’s voice in the content
- Tag content snippets and manage freelance contract snippet tagger(s)
- Work with the design team to align illustration, UX, and content principles
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define the content library architecture and the content schema
- Keep up-to-date documentation such as style guides, glossaries, and onboarding docs
- Liaise with customers to meet role- and industry-specific content development needs
- BA in writing, communications, journalism or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with leading writing teams and/or editorial role
- Experience managing freelancers, contractors, and vendors, with a track record of building efficient hiring and onboarding processes
- Native-level English speaker, with excellent communication and editing skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage complexity from multiple inputs
- Empathy for multiple stakeholders
- High tolerance for ambiguity and willingness to wear multiple hats when necessary
- Self-starter; you spot opportunities to make things better and take ownership over them
- Track record of collaborating across teams. You can effectively partner with product, sales, domain experts, and customer success
- Experience writing for the business and/or psychology domains is a strong plus
- Proficiency in at least one non-English language is a plus
- Experience at SaaS companies is a plus