- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Business Intelligence
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 280 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Junior Game Analyst
Hutch is looking for a Junior Game Analyst to join the team in London. You should be a data driven individual who is inquisitive and would love the opportunity to join a company where you can have a big impact. We’re not looking for professional experience, we will help you train, learn and develop. We would like to find someone who is collaborative, loves data, has a desire to work in a games company and would fit into our culture of fast paced, team working. We value people who take ownership for their own work, can bring in their own ideas and will immerse themselves into our games.
- Designing and analysing A/B tests on in-game parameters
- Analysing player data to identify problem areas or missed opportunities
- Working with game designers and engineers to solve design problems
- Building models to estimate performance where tracking is either missing or not possible
- You’ve got a relevant degree (Maths, Computer Science, Statistics etc), or up to 2 years of experience in an analytical role
- You’re deeply comfortable with numbers. Your instinctive approach to any problem is to quantify it first. You always notice when news reports fail to contextualise numbers
- You have knowledge of Excel and could use in a professional environment
- An interest in working for a games company, you have played our games and have ideas about what makes something fun
- Curious – driven to discover underlying explanations of things, just for fun
- You might enjoy communicating your findings with great data visualisations
- Experience in statistics, modelling, or other such generally useful techniques, is useful
Life at Hutch
- Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We’re an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week (Everyone is working remotely until it is safe to go back into the office)
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Personal Project Development Days
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.