- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Design & UI
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch is looking for a F2P designer.
As a Game Designer at Hutch, you’ll be at the core of game development, working with a cross-functional team. You will be responsible for designing features and events for the mobile hit game, Rebel Racing. Taking ownership of how a feature works and how events run, providing a great experience for our community of players.
- Design and implement live events
- Write design specs for new features within an existing live title
- Work with PMs, data analysts and community managers to balance systems, events and difficulty curves
- Create event timelines that ensure every day, week, month and year has great content for our players to enjoy
- Communicate your design clearly and collaborate with the rest of the team
- Gather feedback and analyse data on games and features to improve various key metrics
- Explore potential themes and art styles with the help of the art team
- Create and lead the execution of concepts that meet or exceed the technical, creative and commercial aims of the project
- Work with producers to determine production scope priorities and eventual adjustments
- Continuously play and analyse the gaming market to catch trends and opportunities early
- Previous experience working on a successful mobile F2P game and in a live operation setting
- Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and systems
- Ability to create wireframes and flows with a sensibility to UI/UX design (i.e. using principles of scale, colour, visual hierarchy, usability, etc.)
- Open to feedback with a ‘self-starter’ mindset that requires minimal supervision
- Experience balancing difficulty and gameplay
- Strong interest and belief in data-driven approach to support and validate intuitions
- A love of cars, motorsport and all things with wheels
- Experience with Unity
- An understanding of Lean development
Life at Hutch
- Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We’re an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 3 days per week (Everyone is working remotely until it is safe to go back into the office)
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Personal Project Development Days
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
- We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/