- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Design & UI
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 280 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch is looking for a Game Designer.
As a Game Designer at Hutch, you’ll be at the core of game development, working with a cross-functional team. You will be responsible for designing features for the top-grossing F2P mobile title, ‘F1® Manager’. Taking ownership of how a feature works as a service for its players and how the community enjoys it, providing constant recommendation on design.
Our teams are small and empowered and you would work collaboratively with our cross-functional F1 team to make empowered decisions that directly affect our players.
- Write design specs for new features within an existing live title
- Work with PMs, data analysts and community managers to balance systems and difficulty curves
- Communicate your design clearly and collaborate with the rest of the team
- Gather feedback and analyse data on games and features to improve various key metrics
- Explore potential themes and art styles with the help of the art team
- Create and lead the execution of concepts that meet or exceed the technical, creative and commercial aims of the project
- Work with producers to determine production scope priorities and eventual adjustments
- Continuously play and analyse the gaming market to catch trends and opportunities early
- Previous experience working on a successful mobile F2P game and in a live operation setting
- Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and systems
- Ability to create wireframes and flows with a sensibility to UI/UX design (i.e. using principles of scale, colour, visual hierarchy, usability, etc.)
- Open to feedback with a ‘self-starter’ mindset that requires minimal supervision
- Experience balancing difficulty and gameplay
- Strong interest and belief in a data-driven approach to support and validate intuitions
- A love of cars, motorsport and all things with wheels
- Experience with Unity
- An understanding of Lean development
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We’re an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with:
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiates such as private mental health coaching
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more