- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Business Applications
As our Director of Accounting you will be responsible for building out the Company’s global accounting team. You will be responsible for monthly close and consolidation, technical accounting and reporting, A/P and A/R functions, global payroll, employee expenses, and procurement functions. In addition, you will manage the global audit process, international entity expansion and ensuring accuracy of all financial results and compliance with all U.S. GAAP standards. This person will be extremely hands-on and take a proactive role in building all appropriate processes and accounting requirements needed to support the organization.
What you’ll do
- Own the global close process and related reporting, general ledger and consolidations
- Plan and direct all accounting activities across the organization, to ensure compliance with GAAP, statutory guidelines, and internal financial policies and procedures
- Lead ASC 606 revenue recognition policy implementation, including working with the deal desk, legal, and sales teams to understand the nature of contracts and deal structure to ensure appropriate accounting
- Build the technical infrastructure and control environment to support the company’s hyper-growth phase
- Leverage technology to build scalable/sustainable processes to create efficiencies, streamline accounting operations and improve employee experience
- Coordinate with external tax advisors and prepare schedules as necessary for corporate income tax filings and sales tax filings
- Liaise between external vendors, such as auditors, tax firms, global services providers etc.
- Partner with Strategic Finance for annual, quarterly, and monthly budgeting processes.
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects
- Interact with senior executives and board regarding financial matters as needed
- Comfort in a fast-paced startup environment and able to create structure and foundational accounting processes
- 7+ years of relevant experience with at least 2 years managing a team, including public accounting experience and corporate accounting roles in private or publicly traded companies
- Strong understanding and experience implementing ASC 606
- Solid understanding of accounting life-cycle and all that it entails for startups, growing businesses, and public companies to succeed
- Experience with creating/managing international entities, including consolidations, navigating entity compliance issues and foreign exchange
- Experience building a team from the ground up
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical and non-technical partners
- A plus, but not required: Netsuite experience, CPA
At Instabase, we’re passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. We’ve built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications. Today, we’re partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, we would love for you to join us.
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.