- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Business Applications
At Instabase, we’re passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. We’ve built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications. Today, we’re partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, we’d love to hear from you!
As a PRE in the Product Reliability Engineering (PRE[S]) organization, you’ll be part of a small, passionate, and growing team of devoted SWE and SRE, solving challenging product issues and queries from Instabase customers. We respond to customer escalations as if they were our own, and help to resolve them in a timely manner.
We also focus on proactively identifying and solving issues that could impact our customers and work tightly integrated with our core engineering teams, creating a supportable, scalable platform running in private clouds, on-premise, or SaaS.
Being part of the overall Customer Success Team, we are obsessed with being customer-focused. You don’t just focus on doing the right thing for one customer, you have and/or build the ability to extract what is important to all Instabase customers as their advocates.
What you’ll do
- Build complex integrations between Instabase and our customer’s infrastructure (using Kubernetes, databases, file systems, etc).
- Work through infrastructure components in-depth with customers.
- Work with customers to build tooling and automation to aid in supporting our customers’ on-premise, private, and public cloud deployments.
- Being an escalation point for customers and debugging complex infrastructure issues.
- Build out process and tooling from the ground up (for example, getting logs out of customer issues in air-gapped environments).
- Support novel infrastructure setups like high availability or active-active.
- Experience with authentication systems such as SSO and LDAP is a plus.
- Work closely integrated with our core engineering groups to avoid issues before they impact our customers.
- Excel in understanding the Platform/Product features - existing and new, learn the most effective ways to use those features.
- Build reference solutions demonstrating the effective usage of the product capabilities that helps our customers to understand it better.
- Be the first point of contact for our enterprise customers, respond to their escalations/queries about the product, and help them resolve it in a timely manner.
- Simulate product/application issues to debug/narrow down the escalations, help product/engineering teams with necessary information.
- Create/improve internal systems/processes to aid customer’s product queries/issues.
- Need to constantly learn & improve
- Challenge the status quo
Technology Skill Set:
- Kubernetes, Docker & Cluster Orchestration.
- Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc).
- File systems (NFS, S3, etc).
- Networking, Application & K8s Logging, Debugging, & Monitoring technologies on Linux.
- General familiarity with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure) and private clouds.
- Script experience in Python or other scripting languages ( Go, Ruby, etc.)
- Programming experience is a plus
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor.