- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
At Instabase, we’re passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. We’ve built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications. Today, we’re partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, we would love for you to join us.
Our product & technical marketing teams own the messaging, positioning, and technical differentiation - interfacing with the field and customers, understanding market needs, messaging our technology differentiators, and understanding the market landscape.
As a product marketing , you’re a tech enthusiast with a passion for reinforcing the value proposition with customers, building supporting product demos and content, and understanding the product & competitive landscape. The role involves ownership of product marketing initiatives, such as those above, working closely with other members of product marketing, sales, sales engineering, product management, and app engineering. You will be encouraged and empowered to look for new ways and solutions to respond and address our customer needs in creative ways. As a key voice of the customer, product marketing will work with the broader organization to constantly assess the product-problem fit, ensuring that what was built, shipped, and sold exceeds our customer’s expectations. The product marketing manager will also have a large role in competitive intelligence, research, and the generation of competitive insights and training for both direct and channel salesforces.
What you’ll impact:
- Build and execute a go-to-market strategy and plan for solutions key platform use case
- Deliver creative and compelling messaging that clearly articulates and reinforces Instabase’s unique differentiation across these use cases
- Produce compelling content that communicates our unique capabilities in customer language. Content can include solution briefs, reference architectures, case studies, sales enablement material, product videos, web copy, white papers, demos, and more.
- Develop compelling positioning and rationale to demonstrate the Instabase value proposition
- Train and partner with sales and partners to accelerate sales and differentiate against the competition
- Develop market/competitive intelligence, acting as our thought leader and expert in the space for key platform use cases
- Be an excellent communicator who can engage internal leaders and teams across functions and who can engage external stakeholders
- As a founding member of the marketing team, you’ll be deeply involved in company and team building and strategy
What will help you be successful:
- 3-5+ years of proven product marketing experience ideally related to B2B data, cloud, SaaS
- Cross-functional team management, influence without authority, including senior management
- Analytical mindset, interpreting and summarizing data with actionable insights
- A command for writing with excellent composition skills
- Excellent speaking and communication skills
- Technical- and business-benefit understanding of prevailing and emerging analytics technologies, on-premises and in the cloud
- Strong project and organizational skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- MBA degree a plus, not required