- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Business Applications
At Instabase, we’re passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. We’ve built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications. Today, we’re partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, we would love for you to join us.
Our go-to-market (GTM) teams own the end-to-end customer experience solving problems with Instabase - discovering the right problems, demonstrating solutions, proving value, and launching to production.
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you’re an expert in technical presales, comfortable working with technical developer products, sketching out an API flow, and building great relationships with customers. In this role, you’re responsible for the technical journey the customer goes on from first meeting until technical acceptance - building technical champions, qualifying the best solution fit and value, demonstrating capabilities, and crafting responses to technical objections.
What you’ll do
- Partner with account executives to discover and qualify solutions that lead to strong return on investment for your customer.
- Be hands-on, high-energy, and passionate about solving problems applying the Instabase platform.
- Develop custom demonstrations using the Instabase developer platform tailored to a customer’s specific needs and value.
- Lead deep-dive technical sessions with customer technical stakeholders on Instbase product and solutions
- Scope, communicate, and manage proof-of-value (POV) of solutions with customers
- Present to all levels of technical leadership with confidence and building trust - developers, enterprise architects, managers, and executives
- Develop reusable tools and feedback - demos, product gaps, technical guides, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role i.e. sales engineer, software engineer, technical support, etc.
- Experience working with large enterprise customers i.e. insurance, financial services, healthcare, logistics, technology, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills to audiences of all levels of technical, business, and organization responsibility.
- Comfortable with cloud infrastructure i.e. Docker and building solutions with APIs
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to customer sites and events (post-COVID, as government regulations allow).
How you work
- Analytical thinker - you have the ability to grasp the underlying concepts in complex information, identify root causes of problems, and formulate solutions based on a synthesis of information both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Intellectually curious - you’re driven by the desire to understand, empathize with the customer, and solve the root cause issue.
- Emotionally intelligent - you are highly sensitive to others and seek to align with them.
- Growth Mindset - you’re constantly seeking improvement in yourself; you think big, and use your team and customer collective IQ to improve customer outcomes.
- Respectful and humble - to everyone, always.
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.