- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Instabase, we’re passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. We’ve built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications. Today, we’re partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Engineering Team architects the underlying operating system, core services, platform infrastructure, dev toolkits, core algorithms, machine learning models, packaged end-user apps, and app store marketplace. Instabase engineers are excited to solve hard problems for complex organizations and are self-starters from day one.
As a Backend Software Engineer at Instabase, you will be responsible for designing and developing our platform and tools for document understanding. You’ll work on the applications used by our customers and internal application engineers to solve complex structured data extraction problems. This will involve work across a variety of disciplines from backend web application development to hosting and deploying machine learning models to developing a language and execution engine around structured data extraction. You’ll work closely with algorithm and machine learning engineers to integrate algorithms into our document understanding platform.
Our backend systems are written primarily in Python and deployed using Docker and Kubernetes on cloud services.
What you’ll do:
- You will architect and implement complex technical projects for document extraction
- You will work closely with frontend engineers on the team to provide the backend APIs required for our applications
- You will work closely with the product manager, algorithm engineers and application engineers to design features of our platform
- You will work closely with other engineers to understand and rapidly test state-of-the-art algorithms for document understanding
- You will mentor other engineers on the team
- You will help develop engineering best practices from code architecture to testing
This role requires knowledge in the following:
- Strong backend systems engineering experience. Experience with machine learning systems or data pipelines is a plus
- Experience architecting backend software systems
- Experience mentoring junior engineers from code architecture to technical guidance to code reviews
- Experience developing machine learning models from text classification to structured data extraction is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in backend software development
- Web fundamentals: APIs, REST, servers
- Strong preference for knowledge of Python
- CS fundamentals, especially in algorithms and data structures
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. Instabase does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase also complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.