- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Instabase, we’re passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. We’ve built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications. Today, we’re partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Engineering Team architects the underlying operating system, core services, platform infrastructure, dev toolkits, core algorithms, machine learning models, packaged end-user apps, and app store marketplace. Instabase engineers are excited to solve hard problems for complex organizations and are self-starters from day one.
On the Machine Learning Infrastructure Team, you’ll design and develop the next generation of machine learning products at Instabase. We are bridging the human-machine gap in ML, enabling humans to understand, debug, and fine-tune models, all the while deploying and managing these models at tremendous scales (millions of requests per month).
What you’ll do
- Design and implement architectures for using, testing, and training models at scale, both in the cloud and on customer premises using Kubernetes.
- Design and implement best practices for model management and deployment.
- Create products around models that make it easy for the customer to use and understand machine learning models and approaches.
- Work with both internal and external developers / data scientists to bring models into Instabase that are then used by customers to solve use cases.
- You enjoy thinking about how the end user / customer interacts with and understands models.
- You like getting to the bottom of deep, complex problems. You aren’t satisfied with “it works” until you understand why.
- You are familiar with both distributed systems and data science, and enjoy thinking about how the two are built together. Experience with Kubernetes and existing ML scaling techniques is required.
- You have experience with proper software engineering best practices.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence in the space of document understanding is preferred, but not required.
- You have 5+ years experience as a software engineer
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. Instabase does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase also complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.