- Menlo Park
- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 7, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Instabase, we’re passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. We’ve built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications.
Today, we’re partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Release Engineering team is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Instabase’s deployment pipelines, building out automated testing infrastructure, supporting our build-system and development environment, as well as release management to ship our product to customers. The Release Engineer will work closely with the application and infrastructure teams to make sure they can integrate with these deployment frameworks and CI/CD pipelines. They will also be responsible for managing a regular release cadence for deploying Instabase’s platform to a variety of cloud (AWS, Azure and GCP) as well as on-prem environments. We are looking for engineers who are excited to solve hard problems, are proactive team-players and are motivated by building processes to deliver quality software into the hands of customers.
As a Release Engineer, you’ll design and develop a number components across the platform.
What you’ll do
- Install, configure and maintain build infrastructure and deployment scripts for improving release processes.
- Propose and implement new tools for automation to improve stability and reliability of our deployment pipelines
- Manage Github code development, manage release branches and CI/CD integrations
- Responsible for performing regular deployments and upgrades of our software by building, installing and configuring releases in on-prem and cloud environments using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Scan and resolve security vulnerabilities in Docker images
- Develop metrics and reporting for build and release activity, as well as documentation for processes
- Build out testing frameworks to provide more automated coverage of our platform and applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or related field
- 5+ years of working in a build and release engineering role that supports a highly available web application environment
- Experience working in cloud infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP) and/or on-prem environments (e.g. OpenShift)
- Proficient with Docker, Kubernetes or other containerization technologies
- Experience working with CI/CD platforms and tooling such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Gitlab, Spinnaker, etc. Proficient with Git.
- Ability to learn and onboard quickly onto new tools and technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to haves
- Experience with building out testing frameworks and integration into release processes
- Worked on improvements to build-systems across different languages (e.g. python, golang, java, c++)
- Interest in working closely with customers and their infrastructure
- Familiarity with deployments patterns such as single and multi-tenant infrastructure
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.